ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I implemented the slide-menus also into BV skin. I faced again, that the menus do open, but not closed.
    During WMC skin I had this and followed your advice to add IsEnables depending on the ListView. I've added it also here to PopupMenuItemContainerStyle.
    Anyhow the menu does not close when pressing left. However when scrolling quickly up and down it sometimes closes between the menuitem changes ...
    @Brownard
    I went through the complete code again, everything seems same as in Win10 and TE theme and slide menues slide back there.
    I played a bit with the margins, because I thought the list items might overlap with the "slide button", but I still have the same probems.
    • The menu never slides back when pressing "left" direction, only ESC or back helps.
    • When scrolling through the menu items (up-down) it suddenly closes at unexpected points

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ge2301 I've fixed the side menu not being closable in BV, the content panel was set to be disabled when the menu was open so the media items list wasn't focusable so there was no where to navigate to. I'm not sure why you added that but I couldn;t see any ill effects with it removed, I haven't checked but I imagine its a similar issue in the other skins. Change is here.
    I'll look into why the menu randomly closes...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 I've fixed the side menu not being closable in BV, the content panel was set to be disabled when the menu was open so the media items list wasn't focusable so there was no where to navigate to. I'm not sure why you added that but I couldn;t see any ill effects with it removed, I haven't checked but I imagine its a similar issue in the other skins. Change is here.
    I'll look into why the menu randomly closes...
    @Brownard I just pulled your changes and I have problems in ListViews now, because the FanArt is taking the full screen:
    Unbenannt.jpg
    Perhaps the previous code had a background, I think it was there before I worked on BV.
    I'll try to figure out the relation between your code change and the problem now.

Edit: It's not related to your change :( In gridview MP2 freezes when scrolling up and down.
    I'll check, if something changed unintentionally. Everything was working last time I tried.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Edit: It's not related to your change :( In gridview MP2 freezes when scrolling up and down.
    I'll check, if something changed unintentionally. Everything was working last time I tried.
    I have seens this in MIA branch before (and IIRC I also reported this). So it's in for a while.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have seens this in MIA branch before (and IIRC I also reported this). So it's in for a while.
    Before it was related to ScrollMargins, they didn't offer enough space to fit an poster inside. I had already corrected that.

Very strange. I compiled the complete client again and now both problems are gone.
    I started MP2 several times and checked the behaviour in all views, it seems to work now :confused:
    But we should keep an eye on it with test version.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard
    I think I know the reason for the sudden menu closing when scrolling through the SlideMenu.
    I think the focus handling is always related to the original position of items, but the MenuButtom is shifted to the left with negative margins to be visible when the menu is closed.
    I'll try to fix that. The only thing I don't understand is that it happens not every time. It seems to depend on the speed of scrolling. Edit: Shifting the button to the left without negative margins did not solve the problem ... so there must be another reason, but I'm out of ideas.

Also I've found a small problem, most probably related to scrollmargins?!
    • If you go to the coverflow view and directly press "down" the SlideMenu moves up. When pressing "left" the focus falls back to the first MI -> so far everything works perfect
    • Now do the same, but beforehand scroll a bit to the right, so you have one left-sided semitransparent poster in the MI list. The SlideMenu move up, but the focus can never go back to the MI list, you stuck in the menu.
    In very seldom cases (1/50 trials) MP2 freezes in gridview without any errorlogs, I have no clue why :(

btw. I've added nice visual effects to the slide menu:
    • When the menu is smoothly sliding out, the background fades darker at the same time
    • When the menu is almost reaching it's final position a light blur fades into the background.
    • Opposite effects happen when the menu slides back
    Unbenannt.jpg

Setting this behaviour was quite tricky. Because the darkening is achieved with a black overlay, mouse controls are not available. But I can not set the "IsVisible" property of the overlay based on "IsMenuOpen" property, simply because the overlay fade-out effect from storyboard won't be visible (because the overlay is set to "IsVisible=False" before it is started.
    I set following:
    XML:
                  <Storyboard x:Key="SlideInStoryboard" FillBehavior="HoldEnd">
                    <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames BeginTime="00:00:00" FillBehavior="HoldEnd" Storyboard.TargetName="FadeBackground" Storyboard.TargetProperty="IsVisible">
                      <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="00:00:00" Value="True"/>
                    </ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
                    [...]
                  </Storyboard>
                    [...]
                  <Storyboard x:Key="SlideOutStoryboard" FillBehavior="HoldEnd">
                    <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames BeginTime="00:00:00" FillBehavior="HoldEnd" Storyboard.TargetName="FadeBackground" Storyboard.TargetProperty="IsVisible">
                      <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="00:00:00" Value="True"/>
                      <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="00:00:00.65" Value="False"/>
                    </ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
                  </Storyboard>
    Now the mouse controls are working only before the menu is opened once. The solution was to set the FillBehaviour of the ObjectAnmimationUsingKeyFrame to "Stop".
    As the last value was "False" I thought there should be no issue, but actually there was.

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Brownard
    I think I know the reason for the sudden menu closing when scrolling through the SlideMenu.
    I think the focus handling is always related to the original position of items, but the MenuButtom is shifted to the left with negative margins to be visible when the menu is closed.
    I'll try to fix that. The only thing I don't understand is that it happens not every time. It seems to depend on the speed of scrolling. Edit: Shifting the button to the left without negative margins did not solve the problem ... so there must be another reason
    I've spotted the reason, it's because when the focus is changed, before the new items gets focus, focus is removed from the old item, so there is a brief period when IsKeyboardFocusWithin is false, which triggers the menu to close, usually this is brief enough to not be noticed but occasionally it isn't...finding a solution is the tricky part ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Audio Albums: Finally album FanArts and further information available
    Unbenannt.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Series: A lot of additional information available for series, seasons and episodes
    series.jpg season.jpg Episode_grid.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom