Blue3 4x3 Feedback (1 Viewer)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looks good! Will take some getting used to but more importantly I think the wife will like it :D Just a few suggestions from using it briefly:

1. Make the "TV On" toggle indicator easier to see
    2. EPG - make the selected channel info/description more distinct from the channel listing, right now it can easily be mistaken for the last channel in the listing.

Will post more when I get a chance to use it more. Can't wait for a 16x9 skin so MPMascot doesn't look so fat! =D Good job devs!:D

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MyMusic: having filmstrip view enabled to see the nice album covers. the new feature with the covers transparent in the background looks very nice. is it possible to view this background also in the list view of the albums tracks?

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

1:st, I love MP! So the following is not to be taken as "MP sucks", but as the right way forward.

Nice to see That MePo is back again! His dad, Glenn, must be proud! :D

Nice to find a new, a bit more up to date default skin for MP. Hope it will come in wide soon.

There are som points I would like to add.
    1:st Tech issues
    The OSD Volyme is flickering like hell when playing movie. Even after you let go of the volyme button. Skin or RC3??

Look of MP points (Branding)

1. Nice skin, can be worked on to make a good default skin
    2. MP logo??? Can not use three different. Change MP logo or remove MePo MP logo/TextLogo in blue 3. Hope you change to MePo's version of logo.
    3. Design new Splash screens to match color and form
    4. Redesign install pgm to follow same color/form/logo.
    5. Update Website to follow the same color/form/logo.

A new user should have the same form/color experience from :
    Website contact -> Download -> Installation -> Config -> running software.
    This will give MP a much more "product" feel

Now you get one logo and color theme on the web, new blue one in the install, a green Mepo with Mepo MP logo in the config, back to old logo/color in the splash screen on startup and a blue Mepo with Mepo's MP logo + a third MP logo in textpormat. It gives an unproffesional and beta look, and will scare endusers off.

So, keep up the good work and let this new look and feel of Blue 3 be the formlanguage of MP.

:D
    Karl-Åke

tranquil

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2008
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    looks amazing!

guys , good work!! :D

looks so much better than the previous one.
    i liked the idea of hiding the menu to extra real estate on the screen. :)

finnaly a nice looking 4:3 skin :)

:D

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Very classy looking..... :) The new animations and effects of the updated skin engine are interesting.

The unfocused covers in the icon views could be a little less bright ... the focus is hard to follow, even with the zoom ... big difference in brightness/contrast between a monitor and a tv.

The smallest text is too small to read on a 32" analog (NTSC) TV using S-Video input... it bleeds together. The Movie description text in My Videos, for example, even with my glasses on, is impossible to read. It is crisp on a multisinc monitor- even in windowed mode, but there are fewer lines on the TV... compare 720x576 PAL skin to 720x480 NTSC.

Thanks for including a 4x3 skin.

Chuck

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    After using Blue3 a bit more, I noticed the step skip buttons while watching TV seems a bit sluggish. Press button, .5sec before it flashes and initiates the skip. Note that this is before the actual skip lag.

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Has been taken care of the overscan are? This is something that the creator of blue two skin has done really right. This is really important for the 4:3 version but also for the 16:9 version because many lcd panels do overscan.

This is something that nearly noone of the community skin creators is taking care of and thus many skins are nice but useless. Main reason for me to still stick with blue two skin.

backslash

craigbeat

Portal Member
    May 15, 2007
    Looks very nice! I'm running the 4:3 version on a 16:9 TV, so this might account for the problem I'm about to describe. When looking at the 'Now Playing' screen when viewing an abum, the picture on the CD case looks cropped, but looks OK on the actual CD itself. Just a minor thing.

Also, two other things - which I don't know whether they should be posted here or not:
    I have a large music collection (around 20,000 songs all sorted into artist/album) which I spent a week off work ripping and sorting. When I view them on media portal, the scrolling between covers on icon view is a bit slow and juddery, even when I use the RAM disk cheat. It seems that MP loads the images as it tries to display them. Could this be fixed?

The other thing is the album artist view. I really like the way Vista MCE does it - artist name down the left, then the albums belonging to the artist. This is really useful for me, as I have so many albums by different artists, I forget who and what I have! Is it possible to do this with this skin, rather than the default A-Z list?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

xemumanic

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2006
    East Strondsburg PA
    Home Country
    After using Blue3 a bit more, I noticed the step skip buttons while watching TV seems a bit sluggish. Press button, .5sec before it flashes and initiates the skip. Note that this is before the actual skip lag.

I remember asking in the IRC channel long ago about the delay you mentioned, and soon after, an option was added in MP Configuration to select the delay in msecs. You'll find this delay in General, under Skip Steps. On the bottom, you'll see the option, "Timeout before skipping occurs". Drop it down to 0 msecs, and then everything should be instantaneous.

IceHappy

Portal Member
    July 7, 2006
    Devon England
    Home Country
    Skin is the best MP Skin todate

Thank you for the fresh new look of MP. With my Toshiba 42Z the old screen really looked out dated. Hope we will receive the new wide in 1080p that would be too kool... Wife came home late last night from work and I didn't tell her about the updated RC3 was released. I surprised her when she came in. Fantastic. Don't know if l like MePo but everything else is really well done. Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom