Blue3 Bug with My Video Thumbs (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is a rendering issue in the core around conditional visiblity linked to facadeview controls.
    It is not a bug in the skin file, it is just that the B3 skin is more advanced than any that have been released before so it is using conditional logic and animation more extensivly.

Am looking into it.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ... it is just that the B3 skin is more advanced than any that have been released before so it is using conditional logic and animation more extensivly...
    I DO use conditional visibilty for those items mentioned here for a very long time (more than 8 months) and it´s working fine with my skins. Also it does NOT happen with the skins of Psycho Reptile or others like Aeon.
    I think before dive deep into the MP core first try out issues like this with different skins - that´s how do I when designing skins.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All skin files are different, you need to compare apples with apples; your skin by its very design does not use animation.
    Anything in a skin file that is loaded by MP is legitimate, otherwise it would fail to load.
    Therefore this is a bug in the rendering engine and needs to be reported as such; lets try to get away from workarounds in skin files and report all issues where things are not working as they should.

A Mantis ticket has been opened for this bug.
    For those that are interested the bug lies with the use of the fade animation windowclose event.
    You need to have this combination on a control to see the bug.

<visible>facadeview.list+Control.HasFocus(50)</visible>
    <animation effect="fade" time="450">WindowClose</animation>

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In this respect you´re absolutely right! If a skinner does not have to look for workarounds it should be much easier to make a good working skin - and less lines in the xml as well! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom