Blue’s Refection skin 1280x720 “final release†(1 Viewer)

December 28, 2005
Sydney
Home Country
The skin has been “finished†but not “polishedâ€.

Menu-V3-3-msn-video-OL.jpg

Menu-V3-3-Video-OSD.jpg

Menu-V3-3-IMB.jpg

Menu-V3-3-music-menu.jpg

Menu-V3-3-music.jpg

Due to the minimal responses to the beta release(THANKS for those that did), I’m sad to tell you that I’m going to suspend any supplementary work on this skin till further notices. But there is a final version with all graphics changed (except the drop down control toolbar)
Available here: link will go down if inactive for 14day
http://www.savefile.com/files/7568174

:D :lol: :D
But I’m happy to say that there is already a new skin in the planning. Which I hope will appeal to the greater media portal community. It has a simple layout but it give me the ability to make different colored themes easily/quickly and for people to have there owe background.

Here are some PSP mock-ups I hastily make today. The concept behind it is that each integral color block will “fly in†e.g. on the OSD the red will fly in from left and blue from bottom, mined u I haven’t test to see if I can get it to work.

Br-osd.jpg

BR-m1.jpg

BR-m2.jpg

YG-osd.jpg

YG-m2.jpg

YG-m1.jpg

P.S another reason for the suspension is that realized I needed to take another method of development and that is that I can’t use pixel alignment for the graphics. I need to just use layering.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Thank you for the widescreen skin. This is one element of MediaPortal that is missing. I am sorry to hear that you have suspended development as I think it is looking great, but without anybody maintaining it, it is likely to slowly become incompatible as MediaPortal is updated.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    don't let the lack of response discourage you...i get maybe 2 or 3 people who give me feedback on either of the skins i've done. I maintain the skins basically for my own use and share; so keep creating things that you would like to see.

The psp mock up sking is pretty interesting...definatly the skin i would want when i'm in an animae watching mood.

nigel_williams

Portal Member
    May 28, 2005
    Nice skin!

Just tried this on RC2 and it says it's not up-2-date. It mostly works for the features I use, except the TV Guide :(

I hope you can carry on with this, there's a definate shortage of 1280x720 skins for MP and this one is very nice. The only thing I would change is the Media Portal text on the main screen, nothing major, I just find it too bold.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    don't be too concerned about the up to date message...mp just checks one line of code in references.xml to see what version number the skin is. Kind of arbitrary, because the skin could work fine and if the skinner forgets to change the value of that tag, you'll get the message.

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Here a fix for the TV guide ( http://www.savefile.com/files/5175705 ). just paste over old one.

I’m not discourage about the response, it’s just that my HTPC run in 1360x768 and I have to re-edit the skin to fit 1280x720, due to the way I have constructed it.

I’ve learnt a lot on this, my first skin concerning the construction and there are few graphic issues I can’t fix (in relation to the different resolutions). This is the one major factor that has made me move on to bigger and better things.

Also this coming year has a lot commitments/objectives that I need to for fill. Thus maintaining this skin has to be put on the far backburner

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom