Bluetooth HID device (playstation3 BD remote) (3 Viewers)

sIRwa2

Portal Member
September 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I managed to get my ps3 BD remote connected to my pc, it listed under game controlers in the control panel. For the rest it does not seem to have any functions, or settings, does anyone know how i can get it to work in media portal? or is there a program so i can read out what it does. its a generic HID device, that souldnt be to hard to make it function?

it seems that no one on the internet ever tried (or want) to do this, for me, its the only solution, because my pc is in a closet, conected to 2 tv's so IR wont function..

if someone can put me in the direction to get it working that would be great, if not, i was right, no one is interesed in this..

sIRwa2

Portal Member
September 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
indeed some more work, to bad im not a coder.

if im correct glovePIE should be able to brige the gap? ill read the WiiLi forum, tnx for the help.
if anyone else want to give it a try that would be great.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Problem is that this only really works with BlueSoeil (from what i've read), which is complete bloatware and most computer-savy people try to stay away from.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    if you can get it to show up as a game controller, then just use the "Direct Input" control method in MP config.
    It lets you use game controllers to control MP.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Who, Me?
    I'm not using it at all, just saying that MP can take input from game controllers if you have one.

I do use my Sony/Ericsson phone to control MP though, using its BT HID interface using standard MS stack.

sIRwa2

Portal Member
    September 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the this is: its listed under gamecontroller, but you cant see any properties, you can calibrate it, so windows doesnt "see" it as having any meaningful functions..

im not using any software atm, dont know (didnt have time yet) to install that blue soleil. dont ever know if its software or drivers.ill check that out in a few day's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom