Bluray disc not playing (1 Viewer)

Arshad

Portal Member
February 6, 2017
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi Team,

I've been through the forums and everything but couldn't find a solution to my problem. The closest thread I found was this: Blu-ray disk not recognized recommending to install a whole bunch of tools/plugins that are not compatible with the current MP1.15 Which is the version that I'm running.

Then I found a thread that says that its all integrated within MP and it should simply work but not for me. So DVD plays no problem in MP, my Blu-ray disc loads in windows explorer and works on powerdvd. Whereas in MP, the wheel keeps rolling until I sometime get a message that says "unable to play protected disk or bad disk reading".

Don't know what else to try, help much appreciated, thank you

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    From the description of your problem it looks like you are trying to play the Bluray disk using the Media Portal internal player which requires a decoder(such as Anydvd or Passkey) to work. If you do not have a decoder installed or its not working I would expect the error you described. However since you have PowerDVD you can set that up as the external player for Bluray see here.
    Apologies if I have got this wrong and either you do have a working decoder or are already trying to use PowerDVD as the external player, in which case I would strongly advise you to post the logs so one of the support people could analyse the problem.

Arshad

Portal Member
    February 6, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Bingo!!! Works now. Didn't know a decoder was required, the info could have been included in the documentation. I think MP is a massive software, love it but documentation is no where as good. But i do prefer a great software than documentation of i had to.

Thanks mate

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    By the way, anybody is able to edit our wiki (manual/documentation). So, if you find our documentation to be lacking, please feel free to pitch in and help improve it. We greatly appreciate contributions of any size and form. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom