November 8, 2011
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know an easy way i can get my movie covers to appear in blu ray / dvd cases?
    Its probably a dumb question but i searched for an answer already and only found a thread explaining its being worked on
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/request-dvd-case-and-blu-ray-case-template.78086/

I'm actually once I feel 100% (and unfortunatly no ETA on that), going to help a friend adjust the Titan Extended skin to have the cover show visually a lot about the quality of the movie. The idea being that you can visually quickly see if the content is CAM, DVDSCR, DVD, or Blu-Ray. Using a DVD Case and Blu-Ray case "look" makes a lot of sense for the latter two, so will definatly end up using that.

Need to get the basic skin technology behind it to work first, so that all the <visible> conditions work, and then the artwork should be easy to find via Google somewhere, as somebody somewhere already did something alike for another system/skin I am sure.

Of course you can do it all yourself first, the skin developer guides are available on the MediaPortal wiki, but you need a little developer background to figure out the part to make it functional. If you got patience, then just keep monitoring this forum, and I will put a post up with the "Titan Extended+" modifications (I am hoping early Feb). Any other skin developer is then welcome to use my changes to add them to their skin, but I use "Titan Extended" myself right now, so that is the only skin I will do the work on myself (Avalonis White looks tempting to switch to though, so who knows).

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Hey RoChess, your skin mod would be a great idea! i'd very quickly be able to idenitfy which of my movies are dvd and due for the blu-ray upgrade when they become available. Unfortunately i havent got a clue about developing skins so i cant help but i will be eagerly looking for your mod!
    Cheers

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yo RoChess, any update?

Lot of stuff got put on the backburner, and this is one of them. It enhances something that already works for me, so not high priority on my list. Will get to it though as summer is normally slow at work so I should finally get some more time to myself.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have modded the StreamedMP mod with my own BluRay-, HDTV-, DVD- and SDTV-Case. To show the specific case for the movie you don't need to edit the database or something else, everything happens automatically.

Here are some pictures of my mod
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-tvseries-layouts.86305/page-33#post-1079347

I still have the problem that in coverflow and filmstrip the cover has not the right size and I don't know how to solve this problem. I'm using generally small and big thumbview.
    You have to put the files into C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP. Don't forget to backup your files before you use the mod. Let me know if something is missing.

Attachments

• StreamedMP_mod.zip
      2.3 MB

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    badboy that is cool!!! your setup looks so pimped out its unreal

I've tried the streamedmp skin though and i just cant bring myself to leave titan, this would be 1st class for streamedmp users though

Good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom