Home Country
Denmark Denmark

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: Bluray Handler 0.9.7 (BETA)

But if I understand correctly there is no "plugin" available that could be installed so only complete testinstalls (whole MP).
For those who have an already running installation this is no option.

Or did I miss anything?

cheers.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You can switch between version, eagle on earlier first pages on Native Blu-ray support has post a script to zap between 2 version.
    Also Technik explain what backup to back to normal use :)

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: AW: Re: Bluray Handler 0.9.7 (BETA)

But if I understand correctly there is no "plugin" available that could be installed so only complete testinstalls (whole MP).
    For those who have an already running installation this is no option.

Or did I miss anything?

cheers.

See this post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/area-51-testing-area-552/native-blu-ray-support-102375/index20.html#post816112

I use it to change between MP and "Blu-ray-MP". I think you need to manually rename the folders first and then install the Bluray-MP. After that, you can change between different versions easily. :)

leini_MP

Portal Member
    June 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is it normal that when scrolling up or down the Menu where you choose the BD Section before the disk/film starts that the mainmenu in the background is also scrolling up or down. It looks like there is no clear focus on the active window ?!
    I use Avalon ...

And when I then select a Section to play then the chosen Item in the Background is also activated at the same time ...

Thanks

Metal Mick

February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi all,

I'm new to MP, but very fond of it and it is my player of choice for my HTPC.

I have the latest version of Bluray Handler installed but I am getting something that bothers me somewhat: I can play the movies that I rip but the opening credits for UP are in Russian (I think). The movies play from the start of the movies, not the opening splash screen from a regular DVD/Blu-Ray player. The voices are in English.

I rip using AnyDVD, and mount the ISOs using Virtual CloneDrive, both from Slysoft. I have had a good fiddle with settings in both to no avail.

If I play using the player in XBMC, I get the same results. (XBMC is soon to get the flick - I like my voices synced with the video.)

However, using PowerDVD9, I get all that I'd expect from a standalone player, using the same ISOs.

Clearly, there are settings to tweak somewhere, and any help would be appreciated. I did a search prior to posting but have not found anything that I can use. Links will suffice.

Regards,

Michael P

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

is it normal that when scrolling up or down the Menu where you choose the BD Section before the disk/film starts that the mainmenu in the background is also scrolling up or down. It looks like there is no clear focus on the active window ?!
    I use Avalon ...

And when I then select a Section to play then the chosen Item in the Background is also activated at the same time ...

Thanks
    Not quite sure what you mean, but it doesn't sound normal. When you click the 'Play' button you should get a popup ('Select play mode' menu) were you can select the Title you want to play. Not sure what menu should be behind that, since (when using Moving Pictures) the background should be the movie summary. Sounds more like a skin issue then a plugin problem.

I can play the movies that I rip but the opening credits for UP are in Russian (I think).
    Are you sure you used the right playlist when you ripped the movie?

The movies play from the start of the movies, not the opening splash screen from a regular DVD/Blu-Ray player.
    This is correct. This plugin was designed to only play the movie itself, not any anti-piracy warnings, intros or menus.
    If you want to have most of the functions you get when using an external player like PowerDVD or TMT, then you might wanna take a look at this thread: [WiP] Native Blu-ray support [WiP]
    Preferred audio/subtitle language can be set in the 'Language tab' of the 'Videos' section in MediaPortal Config.

leini_MP

Portal Member
    June 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again,

I have redun a test to be more precise:

When I scroll up and down the pop-up menu "Bluray: Select Feature" the menu of my standard HOME screen in the background is also scrolling up and down.

Odd, but HomeY, I agree that it must be a porblem with the skin Avalon and not of the plugin: Because when I insert a disk and he asks me to autostart it Yes/No, then my HOME screen again is already scrolling down or up ....

Metal Mick

February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Homey,

many thanks for the reply. No, I'm not sure I have the right settings when ripping the movie but think I do... I feel that it was my unfamiliarity with MP that was part of the issue. I note that when I play the movie from the disk from within MP, my first selected option yields the Russian text, but if I choose what is listed as another movie (of the same length) I get English text. the ISO performs identically. I'm okay now - issue resolved. XBMC operates rather differently to MP in this regard.

I found the thread for the native blu-ray support shortly after I posted my query. It sounds very promising, and to me is indicative of the depth of talent and thinking that MP's custodians have or can access. I shall try to find the time to read through the postings shortly. I was a committed XBMC user - albeit just in the few months I'd had my HTPC up and running - but now have a strong preference for MP.

Cheers,

Michael P

Rasputin

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,
    it is posibble to use this plugin only for blu-ray detection so if i insert a blu-ray it will start my thirt party power dvd?
    because mp 1.21 doesnt support blu-ray detection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom