Bluray Home Icon (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
For those using the PowerDVD plugin for watching bluray discs, ive made an icon for the homescreen (ive done various colours and sizes to suit your taste). imo its a lot better than the standard one thats in the PowerDVD plugin thread

Just copy the attached .png file to your Bleazle media file and rename it to whatever youve named the plugin in your HD Starter config (in MP plugins config).

Also copy the attached button_HD Starter.xml file to the Bleazle media folder to create a green selection bar.

Dave, any chance of a fade effect for any of these? I remember you saying something about having found a quick way to create all the fade files?

cheers Gary

Attachments

• BLURAY_pictures0002.png
    BLURAY_pictures0002.png
    305.8 KB
  • BLURAY_pictures0003.png
    BLURAY_pictures0003.png
    266.1 KB
  • BLURAY_pictures0002 copy.png
    BLURAY_pictures0002 copy.png
    205.5 KB
  • BLURAY_pictures0005.png
    BLURAY_pictures0005.png
    175.3 KB
  • BLURAY_pictures0006.png
    BLURAY_pictures0006.png
    128.5 KB
  • hover_Bluray.png
    hover_Bluray.png
    148.3 KB
  • button_HD Starter.xml
    30.6 KB

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Attachments

• hover_HD Starter.png
    hover_HD Starter.png
    79.7 KB

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Great thanks Dave, i wasnt completely happy with the reflection to be honest but its much better now :)

How do you create those reflections by the way? id like to have a go at creating them for the other image files ive uploaded.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I use Photoshop but from memory you're using Painshop Pro right? Anyway I'm sure you'll be able to do this:

1. New image 460x460px
2. Resize the image you want to use then drop it into the new image
3. Add some perpsective shadow to that layer (I put the shadow on a new layer)
4. Reflect the image layer
5. Add a mask to the reflected layer
6. Use the gradient tool to create a fading effect on the reflected layer (I just use a Back to White gradient)
7. Reduce the opacity of the reflected layer
8. Save the image and then run it through PNGGauntlet (reduces the image size)

I'm happy to do the other images if you want me to but it sounds like you want to give it a go :) Hopefully the above steps make sense! Let me know if you get stuck.

Dave

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
I am a bit stuck to be honest because i havent got any image programs on my pc any more since i upgraded it recently :D. feel free to have a go with the others if you like, but dont worry if you dont get the time.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'll leave it for now - it's a pretty quick job to do but I'm dedicating most of my time to trying to get a new version of the skin out before Christmas - not sure if it'll happen though because I keep coming across things I want to tweak :rolleyes:

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
No worries. To be honest the icon you created is the best one out of all of them anyway as the grey colour goes nicely with the skin.

Good work on cracking on with a new release, is it going to be backward compatable (or tweakable to work with older versions of MP)? im running 1.0.1 at the moment because i was having problems with some plugins with 1.0.2 and 1.1Alpha.

give me a shout if you need a hand with anything or need a tester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom