Bluray mkv stutters in MP but not in 7MC? (1 Viewer)

KeithP

Portal Member
November 11, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have MP 1.2.3, with StreamedMP (1.7.7.3113), running on Win 7 x64 SP1 (fully patched etc).
Codec wise, I have only installed CoreAVC 3.01 (which includes Haali) on my system. It is the default H.264 decoder for both 32 and 64 bit.
CoreAVC is selected in MP config. Audio output is SPDIF.

I have an Nvidia 430 graphics card > HDMI > Denon 1910

I find I cannot play a particular bluray rip in MP, it stutters really badly in both video and audio. Yet in 7MC it plays perfectly. Just wondering why... Media Info attached. The contents are all a bit beyond me.

If anyone could give me some pointers that would be great. thanks

Attachments

• MediaInfo.txt
    3.8 KB

KeithP

Portal Member
November 11, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
No, I didn't fix it. I just played it in Win7 Media Centre! I did have a little play with the Dynamic Refresh Rate in MP configuration but it didn't seem to improve things. I have a Pioneer PDP-436FDE plasma panel, which I think supports the standard rates it uses. I do have other BluRay rips which don't stutter like this one.

crimz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

I have kind of the same setup like you 430 and 1910 (or 1911), but i dont use coreavc and haali. From my memory haali caused alot of problems with my setup. Also i see you using audio output as spdif? why? Wouldnt it be better to bitstream DTS and Dolby your receiver via hdmi?

I would recommend you to uninstall coreavc and haali, and try lavfilters. You have to fix some settings in lavfilters audio and video.
    Video: hardware acceleration: Nvidia CUVID and bitstreaming SPDIF/HDMI - formats (check every option, your receiver can handle this.)

If you using a SPDIF cable, disconnect it..

In mediaportal config you should choose lav audio and video decoders. audio output should be default directsound device.

ps: if you have things like ac3filter or other codecs and filters, i highly reccommend you to uninstall these... In my setup i only have lavfilters, and i havent had any problems with stuttering or codec problems.

ps: codec packs, like cccp, saf, k-lite and such crap.... You dont need these... You play everything just as fine with less problems only using lavfilters.

Last edited:

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Using SPDIF is not the problem, I use it.
    The advantage of SAF is that it installs LAV as splitter and for Audio and ffdshow (DXVA or not) for video. Ffdshow allows filters use (No dxva version), which can be interesting to upscale divx, dvd or 720p videos.
    I agree with crimz when he says that, in general, we have to install only the codec we need, and no more, to avoid conflicts.

crimz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    His receiver support different HD sound formats, spdif doesent support hd sound. So when playing mkv with dts/dd hd sound formats he only will get good plain old dts or dd...

ffdshow is good, but i feel that i getting better picture quality using lavfilters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom