BluRay Playback Questions (1 Viewer)

captainflash

Portal Member
April 26, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, i've been running mediaportal for several years now playing DVDs and i'm getting ready to upgrade to a Bluray/3d Bluray setup with Mediaportal and i have a few questions. I've been trying to read the forums/etc and i think i keep getting more confused the more I read :p. Any input would be greatly appreciated, my questions are as follows:

1). I like to rip all of my dvds/etc to my hard drive and play them with Moving Pictures. If I rip a Bluray, do i need to install AnyDVD or DVDFAB Passkey or something similar to be able to playback the Bluray from my HTPC? Or will it work just like DVDs and once it's ripped you can just play it? If it stick my disc into the drive to play it can i just use PowerDVD or Mediaportal to play them or do i need AnyDVD/etc to play them also? I don't understand what those programs are for.

2). I'd also like to play 3D Blurays if possible, from what i've read, it seems Mediaportal does not currently support 3D Blurays, is that still correct? If so, is it possible to set Mediaportal to play 2D Blurays in the internal player and 3D in an external player? If i have to use an external player what would you recommend? I've used Powerdvd in the past but the reveiws on the latest versions don't appear that great.

I've never purchased a Bluray yet so i don't even own one, so i'm diving in headfirst into the Bluray realm and know nothing about them, thanks again in advance for any help you guys can provide !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom