Bluray, Powerdvd and S3 standby problem (1 Viewer)

shorns76

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
Home Country
Hi everyone,

I thought i'd sorted out all my S3 standby issues until the other day when i fired up my pioneer bd-202 bluray player to watch one.

I'm using powerdvd 9 with HD starter (although the problem stays if I run powerdvd 9 on it's own).

If the system has come out of standby it doesn't work, if I hit play it loads the bluray for ages (2-3mins) and then hits a black screen and goes no further. This doesn't happen if i've started the computer from power off. Also if i got to watch a DVD from mediaportal thats just fine if the computer has come out of S3.

SO i suspect this is another S3 issue but not sure if it's powerdvd or the pioneer bluray. The pioneer's got the latest firware and all so i'm kinda running out of ideas to try! ANyone else had a smiliar issue?

Sean

sonix1977nl

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
I had a somewhat similar problem with TotalMedia Theatre 3. When my HTPC was cleanly booted, it would successfully play DVD/Blu-ray. After a resume from S3, it would show either a black or green screen. Tried updates to the product, tried new drivers, nothing worked. But when I changed the Windows settings to go into Hibernate mode, instead of sleep mode, the problem went away. My tradeoff was either longer start-up time, but I can watch movies, or short start-up time, but no movies. Easy choice.

shorns76

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
Home Country
That was going to be my soultion too. I must admit I didn't play around long with it but I use a MCE remote and as far as I can tell there's no way of having it wake the computer from hibernate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom