Tools and other software Bluray Ripping - not MakeMKV (1 Viewer)

SitheSly

Portal Member
August 12, 2008
Home Country
England England
Hi all,

Just trying to find the best way to rip bluray main movie to mkv. As the title suggest i do not want to use makeMKV, mainly as it does not give the best information when selecting main movie.

I have used 'another eac3to gui +' for the last couple of years and still find it hard to beat but it has not been updated for sometime and is probably dead now. All i want is the full hd picture and audio with nothing else, or more importantly only what i choose.

Any suggestions?

SitheSly

Portal Member
August 12, 2008
Home Country
England England
Thanks, i have tried Megui before but never heard of Staxrip. What i like from following your link is that there is a lot of easy to use information. I am trying another program at the moment called Blurip. As with most options is also based on ea3to, shame it appears that development has stopped so at some point a new option needs to be found. (Not MakeMKV)

Nosferax

Portal Member
April 11, 2009
Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Eac3to development stopped because the program is complete. You can also use it via the command line or via a batch file.

I used it, and still do. I even made a VB.Net batch file builder for the whole processs (still working on it). My workflow goes like this:

• Rip BR to iso or folders with AnyDVD HD
  • For each iso/BDMV
  • List the track on the disk eac3to <drive>:
  • List content of the track eac3to <drive>: <track>)
  • create a batch file with the following info
  • eac3to <drive>: <track>) 1:"chapters.txt" <videotrack>:"video.mkv" <audio1>:"audio1.flac" <audio2>:"audio2.flac" <sub>:"subs.sup"
  • Optional: Compress video.mkv with x264 with or without resize.
  • Convert sup2sub to IDX/SUB
  • create MKV with MKVToolnix with video.mkv+audio1+audio2+subs.IDX
  • Repeat
  • Run batch file
The only problem that I see with Eac3to is its dependence on some hard to find now codec for DTS-HDMA decoding (TMT 2, but I do own a legit copy, having bought it when it was still available).

In any case, today I'm more inclined to use either DVDFab and create a physical copy or use RipBot264 to create a reencoded MKV. With my 47 years old, ex arc welder eyes I can't see the difference between the vanilla and the recompressed on my 60" screen at 9 feet distance anyway.

Alain

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    a quick question
    what am i missing by using makemkv compared to something else? it sounds like ease of selecting the right track etc from the first post.

in makemkv, sometimes episodes from a bd tv show are out of order compared to the track listing. that's annoying. the only other problem i have encountered is forced subs that are a whole sub track on a dvd rather than flagged within the main subs. otherwise i find it quite usable.

Nosferax

Portal Member
    April 11, 2009
    Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    a quick question
    what am i missing by using makemkv compared to something else? it sounds like ease of selecting the right track etc from the first post.

in makemkv, sometimes episodes from a bd tv show are out of order compared to the track listing. that's annoying. the only other problem i have encountered is forced subs that are a whole sub track on a dvd rather than flagged within the main subs. otherwise i find it quite usable.

You lose nothing... Except some disk space since MakeMKV doesn't reencode the video or the Audio. If you have plenty of space and are equipped to bitstream then MakeMKV is a good tool.

kayla

July 12, 2013
    Home Country
    China China
    You can try Aunsoft Blu-ray ripper, it has both windows and Mac version. It can convert blu-ray to many other formats including MKV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom