Scholle4

Portal Member
January 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: BluRay with MP and PowerDVD

Hi

At first: Sorry for my bad english!

I'm a total newbie in the world of HTPC & MP. So i spend lot's of hours for the configuration till now. I found the answers for all my problems in this great forum. But now the HD Starter kills my nerve! Can somebody help me please with a detailed discription what to do?
My system: win7 pro 64, MP 1.2.2.0, StreamedMP 1.7.5, PowerDVD Ultra 11,
My mobo is an ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe with ATI graphics.

Maybe somebody can help in german. That will be great.

PS: I have tested so much the system (MP) is complettly upside down. I'll make it new tomorrow.

Scholle4

Portal Member
January 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi eagle,

the HDStarter is running. Is it possible to start PowerDVD 11 in the cinema mode? I have nothing found in the settings to set it as standard mode. And how can i lose PowerDVD with a MCE remote? If i press the power button the htpc shut down. The return button isn't it too. Have an idea?

scholle4

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Scholle4,

CinemaMode is a bit tricky, because it is launched by PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe. Maybe you take this exe instead of PowerDVD11.exe. A second possibility is to start PowerDVD and switch to CinemaMode in fullscreen manually. Terminate PowerDVD11. Then you must rename the PowerDVD.exe (not PowerDVD11 !!!) in the folder CypbeLink\POWERDVD11\MOVIE into a name of your choice.

Then your HD_Starter.ini file must look like this:

[PlayerDVD]
path="C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema11.exe" /FULLSCREEN
exeName="PowerDVDCinema11.exe"

This should work. Please report your result here. Maybe it helps other users in the future whether it works or not (on my dev-pc it works this way)

Concerning your question about MCE-Remote I must say that I don't have any clue how to handle it. There must be a PowerDVD-Profile in your IR-Software. In the script there is only a small amount of key-combinations to handle IR-commands. The script does not intend to fit all IR-Commands of all the different remote-controlls.

eagle

Scholle4

Portal Member
January 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi eagle

The first one does not run, but the second. That's the way i do: Start PowerDVD and switch to CinemaMode in fullscreen manually. Terminate PowerDVD11. Rename the PowerDVD.exe. Erase HD_Starter.ini in plugins\Windows. Create a new ini with GUI-StarterINI with the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema11.exe. It runs perfect

Special thx to you!!!

But the problem with the MCE Remote makes me crazy. i searched for hours in the Forum and the www without an answer.

Trothe@pchr.de

Portal Member
December 25, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hallo eagle,
Habe das mit dem Power DVD auc am laufen, nur die Ferbedienung funktioniert überhaupt nicht in der ebene.
Wie hast Du das gelöst?

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Which IR-control do you use? If you use a hauppauge-IR you will have to replace the irremote.ini with the provided one. In the case of MCE-IR I can't give you an answer because I''ve got no. Maybe Scholle4 can help out.

eagle

Lucker10

Portal Member
December 23, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo eagle,

erstmal vielen Dank für das Plugin und die Erläuterung; es funktioniert bei mir insofern, dass Powerdvd gestartet wird und ich es bedienen kann; meine Frage wäre nur, wann sich Powerdvd automatisch wieder beendet (wie das im Script implementiert ist) und /oder wie ich per fernbedienung wieder in Mediaportal wechseln kann:

ich habe die Logiech harmony 200 mit mce-profil; mit der media - taste kann ich Mediaportal öffnen, ich könnte auf eine Taste noch Alt-F4 legen - gibts da elegantere Möglichkeiten? (z.B. um einen Film zu pausieren und mit Mediaportal--- Nachrichten zu gucken oder eine Aufnahme zu programmieren und dann weiter Powerdvd zu gucken)

Viele Grüße,

Lucker10
(mein Englisch ist leider nicht gut genug, um diesen Sachverhalt für Engländer verständlich wiederzugeben).

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Lucker10

Alt+F4 could be the solution of your problem. But all questions concerning IR and IR-Codes cannot be answered by me as the script is only intended to stop MP, start PDVD and back independently of IR

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom