Bought a new intel NUC - having an issue with MKV playback (1 Viewer)

Skathen

Portal Member
August 9, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thought I would jump over to MP2 with the new device, but having a couple of problems, the big one being the inability to play some of my files that play fine on my MP1 box.

Tried following all the old guides on mkv issues in MP1 to no effect, other videos work perfectly.

[2017-01-11 22:00:57,645] [10503 ] [Thread9 ] [WARN ] - MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer: Unable to play 'Resource '{03dd2da6-4da8-4d3e-9e55-80e3165729a3}:////QNAP/Media/TV Shows/Blah/Blah.mkv' at system '1d7c31a7-aa47-4c92-8921-efb0d9bd6fd5'
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error

at DirectShow.Helper.HRESULT.Throw()
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)
[2017-01-11 22:00:57,647] [10505 ] [Thread9 ] [ERROR] - Unable to create media player for media item 'Blah'
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error

at DirectShow.Helper.HRESULT.Throw()
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)
at MediaPortal.UI.Services.Players.PlayerManager.BuildPlayer_NoLock(MediaItem mediaItem, ICollection`1& exceptions)

On an unrelated side note, is it just me or is MP2 no where near the customisation of MP1? I can't seem to suppress the superfluous modules on the home screen I do not require, let alone even re-order them.

Literally only use Series and Videos, at times Settings. The rest just gets in the way.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is it just me or is MP2 no where near the customisation of MP1? I can't seem to suppress the superfluous modules on the home screen I do not require, let alone even re-order them.
    It is just you as the home screen is fully customizable. I recommend to take a look at the skin explanations, particularly WMC, in the Wiki.

Tried following all the old guides on mkv issues in MP1 to no effect
    When your BMW has a problem will you be asking the Volvo garage for help? ;) Seriously, you are looking at two different products.

other videos work perfectly.
    It's hard to say anything without logs.

The small extraction that you cite is not helpful. I can assure you though that mkv files can be played without issues on every system. Unfortunately you are not even indicating which version you were working with.

Skathen

Portal Member
    August 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Wow.... i'll look elsewhere thanks, so much for trying to launch a new product if you are just going to bitch at people who come here looking for assistance.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow.... i'll look elsewhere thanks, so much for trying to launch a new product if you are just going to bitch at people who come here looking for assistance.
    You did not provide any helpful information in your posting. From your profile I could see that you are a long- time user and therefore could expect a minimum of effort at your side. Instead you did not even indicate which version of MP you experienced issues with. What are you expecting?

So if you want help then please provide logs. There is an icon Log Collector on your desktop that will create a zip file, which you can then upload here.

Last edited:

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, sorry to say but I see your point.
    The attitudes around here have changed for some time now, a lot.
    No wonder people are leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom