Germany Germany
Hello MediaPortal community
I spend my last days with My film and it would also go
but box collections not get realy.

Use My Films 5.1 get past AMC and have directed me to set up the wiki at

The collections Structure I have made so

Alien Box Collection \ Alien1
Boc Alien Collection \ alien2

The hook he takes Folder Names for the boxes and set the folder and it will take internet lookup

MediaPortal is 1.2 and the skin is Avaloni

Hope you can help me

P.S. Can you edit the XML directly even in the amc or are there any problems

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    kleinerflo - missing link to the wiki page so I am not sure what instructions you followed, however
    1. Automatic detection of Box Sets is only in v 6.0.0 beta - soon to be released ;) I have updated a lot of the Wiki for it already
    2. Yes you can edit the XML DB/file in AMC -follow the instructions under "Using a Hierarchy Group Separator" on the Box Sets, Series, Groups wikii page
    The examples you provided above should work if you manually enter those in your AMC DB title fielld. If they don't please post logs so Guzzi can check them. Thanks.

kleinerflo

Portal Member
    January 25, 2009
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks again I now found the time to test all the Seperator now works quite well.

But have another question do not like the thread topic, but maybe you can answer me that way.
    Is there a possibility the My Films recognizes the films were deleted or you have to do it here syncron on the plate and in the Database.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My Films can auto delete records from the db when you delete the movie file - there are several methods (some new for v 6.0) see Delete Films in wiki.

I hope that's what you meant - I wasn't clear what 'syncron on the plate' means - synchronize is clear but what is 'plate'?

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    If you're talking about removing entries from your DB when files have been deleted on disk: When you import and choose "purge orphans" in AMCU, entries, where the media file isn't present anymore will be removed from catalog when you do a scan/import.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom