Boxer HD channels and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The code is already in the next version of TV Server. MP2's "native" TV support is based on that. So, it is mostly a matter of time before it will be supported.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm also interested in how to get the swedish encrypted Boxer HD channels in MediaPortal. I currently use one Anysee E7 T2 card for the FTA HD channels and that works fine. Several encryted HD should however be included in my subscription. I find these channels when scanning but can not tune them, MP says that they are encrypted. I use a cardsplitter where one of these cards are directly placed in the Anysee, i.e. no cam is used. No difference with using the original Boxer directly in Anysee.

I know that a MP branch exist for Anysee but I never understood if that will give support for the encrypted HD channels or not.

I think I earlier read in a swedish forum that someone had a working solution with Anysee E7 with DVBLink server combined with MP but I'm not sure.

I'm also read that Boxer haven't activated CI+

So what are the options with Anysee E7 with encrypted swedish HD channels in MP? Should I use a cam instead of placing the card directly in TV card, if so what brand and model? Do I need to use the Anysee branch for it to work?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As with DVBSky CI support, Anysee E7 CI and DiSEqC support is in the next version of TV Server. There are many things that I've spent the last two years or more working on in that version of TV Server. I can't wait for it to be released, but I have to be patient and keep working hard. I hope it will be released next year.

I know that a MP branch exist for Anysee but I never understood if that will give support for the encrypted HD channels or not.
    The branch supports the CI slot; it does not support the card reader because Anysee did not supply any SDK for that.

So what are the options with Anysee E7 with encrypted swedish HD channels in MP? Should I use a cam instead of placing the card directly in TV card, if so what brand and model? Do I need to use the Anysee branch for it to work?
    Yes, CAM. Yes, Anysee or TVE 3.5 based branch.
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-TVE3.5-MP1-MP2

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the quick reply and for developing the TV-service!

Is the Anysee branch more or less stock MP 1 TV-server with changes only to Anysee? I would need to have MPExtended and WifiRemote working if changing TV-server.

Are there any special requirements on the CAM if not CI+ is on? I have several old CAMs... Any suggestion of what CAM to use if new is needed?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the Anysee branch more or less stock MP 1 TV-server with changes only to Anysee? I would need to have MPExtended and WifiRemote working if changing TV-server.
    No, it is a bit out of date now. You can see the latest commit is two years ago. I don't know how much trouble it would be to merge. Maybe it would be easier to try MP2 native TV. Don't know.

Are there any special requirements on the CAM if not CI+ is on? I have several old CAMs... Any suggestion of what CAM to use if new is needed?
    Sorry, I don't know.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, I just noticed that the last commit was two years old when checking git. I guess I need to wait until the real 3.5 release. Have only one pc with all the TV cards and that are used by family as only TV source in the home. Also need MPExtended and WifiRemote for Eve development so MP2 native is no option.

I will explore DVBLink server to see if I can get that working in combination with MP.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I ordered 3 TBS 5880 DVB-T2 CI tuners last week and installed one a couple of nights ago and it work with all channels I have on Boxer (ie both FTA and coded (like TV3 HD)). I tried to get the two others working as FTA cards, for some reason Windows didn’t recognize the them. I will give it another try this weekend.

Zapp

Portal Member
    November 14, 2007
    South-West
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I ordered 3 TBS 5880 DVB-T2 CI tuners last week and installed one a couple of nights ago and it work with all channels I have on Boxer (ie both FTA and coded (like TV3 HD)). I tried to get the two others working as FTA cards, for some reason Windows didn’t recognize the them. I will give it another try this weekend.

Please keep us updated! I'm very interested in this too.

/Jonas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom