Bring up On-Screen-Display (OSD) (1 Viewer)

ptmurphy

Portal Member
February 16, 2011
I hate to ask this question again here, but I posted in the "Remotes" forum and didn't get an answer for over a week, so thought I'd try here..

When I use my keyboard and press the "Y" key, the OSD comes up nicely. However, when I press the Info button on my remote, it brings up the "Actions" menu instead. I don't think it is a problem with the remote sending the command twice, as the first time I press the button the mouse cursor shows, then the second time brings up the Action menu.

I use an MCE remote setup as a HID device (setting it to MCE device type makes many of the keys not work).

Any suggestions on how to get the OSD to come up from the remote?

Thanks!

ptmurphy

Portal Member
February 16, 2011
OK, I will update this myself in case someone else is searching for a similar problem. Here is the conclusion I came to and the work around...

1. First, my MCE remote info button is actually sending a right mouse button command. From everything I can gather, there is no way to capture this and remap it to do something else.

2. So, I needed a work-around. A helpful user (kiwjunglist) pointed me toward a program called AutoHotKey. This allowed me to capture the input from a different remote key and remap it to the "Y" key to bring up the OSD in mediaportal

Hope that helps someone else, as this one drove me nuts for a week or so...

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP maps the first info button click to showing the OSD, the 2nd to showing the action menu. If your remote sends a right click for info, MP opens the Action menu directly. This is I think hardcoded.

ptmurphy

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    MP maps the first info button click to showing the OSD, the 2nd to showing the action menu. If your remote sends a right click for info, MP opens the Action menu directly. This is I think hardcoded.

That is the conclusion I came to as well... ended up forgetting about trying to re-map the RMB button being sent by the info button. If anyone has some ideas, I'd love to get the use of that button back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom