Browse SVT and TV4 video archives (1 Viewer)

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There are some pages that are not correctly parsed with the regular expressions I use. I honestly haven't looked into the problem (I have too many ideas and projects, and not enough time).
I'll try to release some kind of beta with the current plugin (works with some videos, not all) and the source code and perhaps you can help me out.

baloubic

Portal Member
June 10, 2006
Would be perfect!

Please add it on the official downloads list so as many as possible can get a chance to check out - and hopefully help out - with this much-needed plugin..

/Jeff

frippe75

Portal Member
June 6, 2006
There are some pages that are not correctly parsed with the regular expressions I use. I honestly haven't looked into the problem (I have too many ideas and projects, and not enough time).
I'll try to release some kind of beta with the current plugin (works with some videos, not all) and the source code and perhaps you can help me out.

BUT... couldn't you make the plugin a bit more "dynamic" soo that other users could assist when the layout of svt page changes?? Maybe add some config option where you could enter reg.exp needed to populate the list with links to the shows??

Maybe to complicated? The risk is that the plugin keeps getting outdated all the time. If you write a more generic plug thing would be different?

Just some thoughts!

Example:

Baselink="http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/"
Startlink= "navigation.jsp?d=37591"
UrlRegExp[0]="navigation.jsp\?d=[0-9]{5}\&group=[0-9]{5}"
LinkNameRegExp[0]="onClick="shL(false,'[0-9]{5}');">\([aA-zZ]*\)</a>"

UrlRegExp[1]="navigation.jsp?d=[0-9]{6}"
LinkNameRegExp[1]="onClick="shL();">\([aA-zZ]*\)</a>"
FilenameRegExp[1]="onClickFile="\([aA-zZ]\)</a"

The Baselink+Startlink would be the main page to parse to get a "Top menu".
Looking at UrlRegExp[0] indicates that this is the way (using [0]) for getting the top level link to follow for item with name LinkNameRegExp[0].

Once you press enter to follow a selection you go into [1] assuming things changes link-wise. Which I noticed it does for SVT. If they would be using the same naming convention for Menulevel[1] it could be left empty. But now since FilenameRegExp contains something it means that we have a link that can be played... ie started in the player..

This type of thinking would enable you to write a generic plugin which could be used for tv4 as well... and any other channel have online clips like this.

Of couse other things needs to be in place but anyone with regexp knowledge would be able to submit a new config for "SVT" and things would be fine and dandy. So you could incoporate many config's for example for SVT,TV4 and Kanal5.

The regexp I entered is a mix between unix regexp and perl's reg exp which differs. To tired to look the correct syntax up but you probably get the message.

Comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom