Browse SVT and TV4 video archives (1 Viewer)

c.hilding

Portal Member
November 17, 2006
ABANDONED ACCOUNT
Home Country
Snälla låt inte projektet dö ut, jag tycker f.ö om frippes idé med en configfil. Och så släpp förstås källkoden så att någon kan ta över om du verkligen inte har tid.

frippe75

Portal Member
June 6, 2006
I was just thinking a little on how this thing could be implemented the best way.
downloaded mediaportal source. took my 5point C++ school book from 96 from the shelf and got to it...

I quickly built the XML file and had the framwork with menu and all complied and working when I realized that i was building a copy of the "Myvideo plugin" but with a new content...

WHY couldn't I just build a "background plugin" that fills a directory with up-to-date .asx files containing links to the clips on "svt.se" for instance????

This way my plugin would only be feeding the directory(configured as videofolder) with content... I should also be able to send a message to "MyVideo plugin" to have it re-read the directory for updates as I parse the clips from different websites accordingly to the regexp code i described erlier ???

Regular Media Portal Developer's : Wouldn't this be possible?

Would be nice not to expand Media portal without alot-of-simular-looking menu options that actually does'nt add anything!

BUT.... I have tried to manually add the .asx files. adding the extension to myvideo plugin and trying the external player set to wmplayer.exe ..... Doesn't work.. This needs to be resolved first... any suggestions?

baloubic

Portal Member
June 10, 2006
It's too quiet in this thread!

Frippe, worshipped master of computer coding, why not use the standard "MyVideo plugin" concept for the first beta of the plugin... It'd have longer loads, but at least we know it works... The automatic updates sounds awesome, but perhaps for a v.1.0 release?

*hopes to soon browse svt in MP*

//Baloubic

ridderdk

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi
Same problem in Denmark.
at MYDRtv.blogspot.com a fellow has created a vbscript to collect all Danish Radio's
internet video streams and creates hundreds of .asx files. The problem is Mediaportal doesn't support .asx files as Video streams (only as radio streams). Because of that, i have modified the script to also create .pls files (that can be done by searching the corresponding .asx file). That way I can add .pls as a Video extension in Mediaportal and it's working quite nice.
Perhaps that could be a temporary solution?

forgot:
It's possible to add a "custom program" - VLC , and make this the program to open when activating the .asx file. I have tried and it works, but it's much nicer to let Mediaportal's internal player handle the stream.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello everyone!

I did a quick and dirty for myself (and the kids). I took the link to SVT Play and made it to the home page for the webbrowser plugin. I then went to the language file for Sweden and replaced "webbläsare" with "SVT Archive".

Not so nice, not so neat, but it works ;-)

/Peter

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Has this project totally died? It is a shame :(
    It would be awesome to have this possibility. Sometimes you forget about shows and now most of them are online afterwards. Ok I can always download them but it would be much more convenient to have them all easy accessible from within MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom