Browse The Web / Webbrowser (3 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hehe, I was just typing a "sorry, can't reproduce" post, when I saw that you solved it. Great to hear that, but still weird.
    Just for my curiosity: what is the defauly back key in mediaportal?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think that one has popped up before, and I thought that I had fixed that.
    Sure you're running the latest version?
    If so, please post your settings (the btweb part in mediaportal.xml)

jbsoum

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    If 0.38 is the latest version, then I am running it. Here are my settings:

Code:
      <section name="btWeb">
        <entry name="usehome">yes</entry>
        <entry name="homepage">http://google.com</entry>
        <entry name="remotetime">15</entry>
        <entry name="name">Browse Web</entry>
        <entry name="blank">no</entry>
        <entry name="status">yes</entry>
        <entry name="osd">yes</entry>
        <entry name="window">no</entry>
        <entry name="mouse">yes</entry>
        <entry name="zoom">135</entry>
        <entry name="font">100</entry>
        <entry name="page">yes</entry>
        <entry name="domain">no</entry>
        <entry name="usethumbs">yes</entry>
        <entry name="cachethumbs">no</entry>
        <entry name="remote">no</entry>
        <entry name="remote_confirm">ACTION_SELECT_ITEM</entry>
        <entry name="remote_bookmark">ACTION_SHOW_INFO</entry>
        <entry name="remote_zoom_in">ACTION_ZOOM_IN</entry>
        <entry name="remote_zoom_out">ACTION_ZOOM_OUT</entry>
        <entry name="remote_status">ACTION_SHOW_GUI</entry>
        <entry name="remote_pageup">ACTION_PAGE_UP</entry>
        <entry name="remote_pagedown">ACTION_PAGE_DOWN</entry>
        <entry name="bookmark">LargeIcons</entry>
        <entry name="proxy">no</entry>
        <entry name="proxy_server">127.0.0.1</entry>
        <entry name="proxy_port">8888</entry>
        <entry name="lastUrl">
        </entry>
      </section>

EDIT: I've been having a slew of other problems as well. Seems like using google as a search engine isn't working well for me. I activated the mouse in the first place because, while I could use the link system to enter things into the search bar, I could not click and search. I've been having the same problem with youtube. Seems that using the mouse to click the search button does nothing. I've also gotten a warning from youtube that I don't have flash installed, but I can't seem to get it to install, even when putting MePo out of fullscreen mode. Also, it seems that the url at the top always shows a google.com (my homepage), even when browsing other sites.

Last edited:

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    my way to find a flexibel and intehrated email support in MP, I tried to use the outlook.com (hotmail) webinterface with the webbrowser plug in. Unfortunatly after log in I get an error message that the web browser version is incompatible. After some clicks the work was indeed not possible. Which browser controll do you use? is there a chance to update this to a newer ied browser control?

Thanks

BR JuRo

@Edit: I found out that this plug In based on the Gecko Browser. The gecko Browser unfortunately hats not much funtionality but it work fine in the lastest version 0.63 (jul 12, 2012) which can be found here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mpwebbrowser-v063-zip.107354/
    maybe a short update of your code is required

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If 0.38 is the latest version, then I am running it. Here are my settings:

EDIT: I've been having a slew of other problems as well. Seems like using google as a search engine isn't working well for me. I activated the mouse in the first place because, while I could use the link system to enter things into the search bar, I could not click and search. I've been having the same problem with youtube. Seems that using the mouse to click the search button does nothing. I've also gotten a warning from youtube that I don't have flash installed, but I can't seem to get it to install, even when putting MePo out of fullscreen mode. Also, it seems that the url at the top always shows a google.com (my homepage), even when browsing other sites.

For mouse issues, you can try the attachment here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/browse-the-web-webbrowser.107285/page-12#post-886773, don't forget to rename it to .dll

The installation of flash should be a breeze, install firefox flash plugin, and select "other browser" in the install website.

Edit: This installation should be done outside of mediaportal (at least, that's how I got it to work)

And as for the google search: The issue is related to the auto complete function, but atm can't find how to disable it.
    The remark on the "url at the top" I don't understand...

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    my way to find a flexibel and intehrated email support in MP, I tried to use the outlook.com (hotmail) webinterface with the webbrowser plug in. Unfortunatly after log in I get an error message that the web browser version is incompatible. After some clicks the work was indeed not possible. Which browser controll do you use? is there a chance to update this to a newer ied browser control?

Thanks

BR JuRo

@Edit: I found out that this plug In based on the Gecko Browser. The gecko Browser unfortunately hats not much funtionality but it work fine in the lastest version 0.63 (jul 12, 2012) which can be found here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mpwebbrowser-v063-zip.107354/
    maybe a short update of your code is required

Didn't know that plugin is still alive, will check into it.
    I did try some newer versions of the geckobrowser, but I kept bumping into several issues (zooming and caching) with each version, so I decided to postpone the update until all those issues were solved

Edit:
    Just checked the plugin, but as far as I can tell, it's based on the same gecko/xul core as the browsetheweb plugin

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    And as for the google search: The issue is related to the auto complete function, but atm can't find how to disable it.
    autocomplete function is requesting additional info so maybe you can block this requests?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not exactly. I need to parse the html correctly, so I can put numbers next to the "popped up" buttons

Edit: Got it ( the workaround that is). go to advanced search, at the bottom: change search settings.
    There you can select to turn off autocomplete. After that, the search/feeling lucky buttons have a number which you can press on your remote

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom