Browse The Web / Webbrowser (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First guess: it's missing the xulrunner directory, or it can't be created or something.
    Normally this should be done at the first start of the plugin configuration, perhaps that didn't go as it should be?
    After that, there should be a folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xulrunner" with a bunch of subfolders and dll's in it.
    Can you confirm that the xullrunner folder is present, containing files, and that the account/user that mediaportal runs has access to those files?

For further investigations I need a mediaportal.log file.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I googled somewhat and found the reason in the UserAgent string used by Xulrunner. I overrided it in /xulrunner/preprefs/all.js with "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0" from my Firefox. Perhaps this can find its way into the config? AFAIK Xulrunner Apps can override the UserAgent within its code. So something in the config would be nice. Eg. a dropbox with various possible UserAgents? Just a thought.

Included in svn, so it's in the next release.
    And no, I have no idea when that's going to be :)

kramps

Portal Member
    November 16, 2010
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi doskabouter,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The xulrunner folder is present on the computer with lots of folders and files inside.
    There is only the account administrator running on this computer, so normally mediaportal runs has access to those files.

I'm joining here 2 mediaportal logs files.

I did the first one (MediaPoralLogs_11_09_12__19_36) with the option "Export all current prensents logs" because the option "keep mediaportal always on top" is normaly checked and I don't have any control on the error window, the only solution is to restart the computer.

Then I had the Idea to uncheck the "keep mediaportal always on top" option and to restart the debug mode with the option "Report a bug to a Plugin Developer or Skin Designer". Then I could clic on "Continue" in the error window and a white screen apears. I closed mediaportal by alt+F4 and the the second has been created (MediaPortalLogs_11_09_12__19_45).

I Hope it will help you.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm afraid I don't understand what is causing the error (Catastrophic failure, HRESULT : 0x8000FFFF). It's COM related, but for the rest: your guess is as good as mine :(
    I don't know if there are other users with the same system-specs as you (win7 64bit) that have no problems?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all....
    smiley-greet009.gif

I'm trying to add a link to open a local html file from my hard drive using BrowseTheWeb but I get an "error loading..." message. The link path I'm using is file:///C:/Program%20Files/Flowplayer/Weather%20Forecasts.html. Is it possible to open local html files from within the browser?

I've also tried to use Opera as a browser but this won't play Flash videos and tells me that I have the wrong version of Flash installed even though I know I haven't.

Also, when using BrowseTheWeb I cannot see my mouse? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Opening file:// urls is put on my todo list, for mouse issues: did you try the version from here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/browse-the-web-webbrowser.107285/page-12#post-886773 ?

Edit: I really have to release that version one of these days :)

Please, please, please release that version!!!
    smiley-hug008.gif

I'm working on a plugin for WW that will download weather videos at set times and play them fullscreen within WW. The webpage with the videos is saved locally and the only thing that's holding me back is "on your todo list"!!!!
    smiley-sad025.gif

It would work if uploaded to a site but personally I think that would be too much hassle for most users.

Many thanks in advance.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey kjegibbons try this....

file://///C/Program%20Files/Flowplayer/Weather%20Forecasts.html

I needed something like this a while back, can't remember the reasoning behind the syntax now though o_O

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Hey kjegibbons try this....

file://///C/Program%20Files/Flowplayer/Weather%20Forecasts.html

I needed something like this a while back, can't remember the reasoning behind the syntax now though o_O

Thank you sir...tried it, but no go.
    smiley-confused013.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom