Browse The Web / Webbrowser (3 Viewers)

Mavidica

Portal Member
December 9, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
This is a great looking plugin and I'm desperate to use it, but I can't get it to work. I can call up a URL by pressing P (keyboard) or OK on my remote and then typing the URL, but I cannot get any of the numbered links to work, nor enter text in fields. When I enter the number next to a link or field I see the number come up in large text, but nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You have to press "enter" after you typed in a number, and by the looks of it (pressing OK shows the "enter url" dialog) your "OK" button is mapped to the "P" key.
    Can you confirm this, and perhaps map the OK button to "enter"?

dpmcrae

Portal Member
    June 26, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Since the OnlineVideos plugin is having problems with Netflix I was wondering if anyone has used Browse the Web plugin for Netflix with success? It has not been successful for me, it takes me to Netflix's minimal requirements page once I try to launch a video. I have Silverlight installed but still will redirect me to the requirements page when launching a video.

eccoFatto

Portal Member
    February 24, 2011
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Since the OnlineVideos plugin is having problems with Netflix I was wondering if anyone has used Browse the Web plugin for Netflix with success? It has not been successful for me, it takes me to Netflix's minimal requirements page once I try to launch a video. I have Silverlight installed but still will redirect me to the requirements page when launching a video.

I'm having similar problems with Sky Online, the Sky streaming service available in Italy. It uses Silverlight plugin and it works properly, though the video, which appears in a frame, it's not as fluent as using a browser, because of annoying buffering.
    Moreover, there's no way to enlarge the video in fullscreen mode: doubleclicking on it causes the video to go fullscreen for an instant, but it quickly returns to the original size.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I must say that this still is one of the problem-points of the webbrowser. In the past I did have some success with fullscreen-video, but I suspect it's dependant on the flash/silverlight/html5 player if it works or not. Also xulrunner version has some influence on it. F.e. on my laptop, I can watch videos on youtube, but videos on some other sites crashes mediaportal. On my dev machine it could well be the other way ariound

roovalley

Portal Member
    July 10, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all - I have been trialling this plugin to watch Netflix with. The page load fine, but I can't seem to be able to navigate with the Windows Remote control. Some links are 'selectable' but actual shows are not. Mouse navigation works fine, but means two input devices so using the one remote is preferred. I see there hasn't been much activity here but thought I'd try my luck! Cheers :)

roovalley

Portal Member
    July 10, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks! I have that and it was working great!. But it stopped a week or two ago and the developer is on holidays. In the meantime I thought I'd give this a try as it was recommended by other users

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Correct. For netflix it's better to use onlinevideos, flash and BrowseTheWeb don't work well together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom