Browsing folders in music (1 Viewer)

pcwizzul

Portal Member
January 25, 2008
Hi there and kudos for this great plugin! It works great on my android phone! (not tried yet streaming as I'm not that much interested...)
I was wondering if it could be possible to browse music folders on the smartphone like it works on mediaportal. I have a big collection and not everything is tagged correctly and I don't have time or will to sort them. I have those organized in folders and I know where to find what I'm looking for in that way.
Any hope to get this function? I'd rellay appreciate it (and I think many others too!)
Cheers!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's been asked for before - but isn't as straight forward in iPiMP as it's all based on the MP databases.

Why not take the plunge and use MPTagThat to sort out your music collection - I was in the same place as you 20000 tracks, crap tagging, disorganised. 2 hours with MPTagThat sorted it all out.

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
You already can handle xml files as you read and write the config settings in xml files as well. So why can't you read out the MediaPortal.xml within the "application data" folder of mediaportal? All info is there, including the paths.

I can understand it is not high on the todo list, but it almost sounded as "almost impossible" :) Would be something I would like as well, I'm also way to lazy to proper tag all my music. But first things first, there are more important things on the list to do.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Indeed. iPiMP reads various bit of the file system, the problem is there is no standards as to how people store their music on disk, how many subfolders should be drilled into? which file extensions are valid and which should be ignored? How many file naming structures are there?

All this hassle is done by MediaPortal & its music database and music tags, plus then you get album art, fan art, artist info, album info etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom