Browsing Music (1 Viewer)

pieroxy

Portal Pro
November 21, 2005
Paris, France
Hi,

Disclaimer: I am a complete n00b when it comes to Media Portal (well, I've installed it, and played with it for a while). I have been an MCE user for a couple of years now.

I was browsing my music, and the way I prefer it is the following: By Genre, then Artist, then Album. MCE just allows Genre then Album, which is a bit painful.

In MP, I just can't even get there. I click on 'Genre' then I see all my genres, which is fine. But when I click on a Genre, I only see tracks, which is close to useless. From there, if I select 'Artist', I get back to seeing all the artists, not only for the specified Genre.

Did I miss something?

Don't get me wrong, I know and understand MP is in beta, I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application. -2005530508 (Unknown) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow) at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()...
in some of the previous logs: [2021-10-20 19:19:48,879] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GPU_HUNG - Error in the application...
Hi All, Hope everyone is safe & well, in these trying times. As I live in a city that has been incarcerated for rmonths, thought I...
Replies
Views
Yes, that’s planned. The new installer (completely reworked with new GUI) is basically ready, but the alternative TV plugins are not fully finalized. After that you’ll be able to select a TV engine within the installer :)
Yes, that’s planned. The new installer (completely reworked with new GUI) is basically ready, but the alternative TV plugins are...
I have spent the last few weeks with TVHeadend, TVMosaic and NextPVR on Mac, WIndows and Linux platforms where available. Only...
Replies
Views
Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
Replies
Views
I just installed it and the discnumbers are indeed back. Thank you for the fix! Now I can enjoy my collected boxsets again (y)
I just installed it and the discnumbers are indeed back. Thank you for the fix! Now I can enjoy my collected boxsets again (y)
I have my music views set to sort by discnumber: It used to work as expected (one big list, starting with the first disc first...
Replies
Views
Fixed
Fixed
Very good that now you leave this choice to the user now! (y) My experience with the other two MBID providers was bad on several...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom