buffer/cache location change (1 Viewer)

munzli

Portal Member
January 10, 2006
switzerland
hey

well since i registered to post that i too wanted the timeshift buffer "not" to be cleared when zapping i may aswell ask this to get things cleared up... and yeah i did a search but could find a clear answer... anyhow:

is it possible to change the disk/folder the buffer/cache for the TV is stored to? right now it's in the users temp folder, but i need it on a seperate disk.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Excellent, another vote for the "Don't clear" team.

In regards to the buffer, this is stored in the location specified in config/tv/capture cards/ and then the properties for each card listed. Edit then the recordings tab. It's kind of hidden, but that is the most logical place for it. Recordings go here and there is a folder marked "Card 1" etc, where the buffer goes.

I hope this is what you were asking. If you want to specify a different location for the bffer thean the recordings then this is not possible at this time.

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marcusb said:
    Excellent, another vote for the "Don't clear" team...
    If you want to specify a different location for the bffer thean the recordings then this is not possible at this time.

Unfortunately it's not possible right now. :cry:
    I'm waiting for this, too.
    Specify the timeshift buffer to another partition would make it possible to use the entire hdd-capacity for recordings.

Also waiting to have timeshift-buffer kept again even when changing channels.

Regards
    Ralph

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    It makes sense that recording and the buffer are stored in the same place as, I believe, you can record from the timeshift buffer and if these were on different drives it would have trouble shifting all that data across while still recording smoothly, etc.

munzli

Portal Member
    January 10, 2006
    switzerland
    thanks for the help, i was somehow too stupid to check the capture card tabs where that option is located.

and yeah, i don't mind recordings and buffer beeing at the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom