Bug and Problem Reports (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please post here, if you face any problems in WMC skin and think you found a bug.
    As the WMC skin is still in development stage, some glitches might happen and I applogogize in advance for any inconvenience.
    Please consider, that MP2 with it's skins can only be improved, if we get your help, so don't hesitate to you this thread.

best regards,
    Ge2301

Erixx Haxx

January 11, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Guys

I'm new here. I've been having some issues with the new WMC skin. Seems like its the skin because so far only happen inside this skin mode.
    Here's the issue.... For now I'm a mouse user. When ever I switch to Grid View or sometimes any other different view other than list. (Grid seems the worst)
    I loose Mouse Selection Functions. The "on hover focus" still works, but I can't click on anything. If I use my keyboard and select something, enter it, Then
    back out again. Once back then mouse starts working as it should until I go into another Media collection. eg: Movies, Video, Pictures. Same issue again.
    I tried these 3 and all seem to have the same hick-up.

Also sometimes thumbs are not showing, like folder icons and such (Not sure if this is skin or not though)

I also want to thank you for this skin. This is the best skin I've seen so far and the whole reason I decided to give MP a go at handling my media.
    I can tell a lot of effort and time went into this. It looks Great.

Thanks for any help.
    Win7x64 Ult

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Hi,

thanks for the feedback and reporting the problem.
    I've never faced a problem with mouse, so I'm not really sure what is happening.
    Please confirm, if my understanding is corresponding with your findings:
    When you are in media library in coverflow or grid view, you are able to focus media items, but you can not select them, means start e.g. a movie. Is that correct?

• What is happening, if you click on a media item? Is there a loading poster, is the screen freezing? Can you immediately focus other media items, after trying to select something?
    • Are you sure, that the same does not happen in List View?
    • Can you please reproduce the problem and upload your log files here. The log collector shortcut should be on your desktop.

Erixx Haxx

January 11, 2017
    Home Country
    Hello,

New info on this issue.

First to answer your questions:
    When you are in media library in coverflow or grid view, you are able to focus media items, but you can not select them, means start e.g. a movie. Is that correct?

This is exactly what happens, I can even hit enter on the keyboad and make the selection. This happens to all buttons and media thumbs.

-As far as loading poster = No, It does infact seem the whole window and focus highlighter dims down though.
    I have to either enter another media mode with keyboard and back out.
    Example
    Inside Images>> Grid mode>> filtered by year: I'll have to enter a year thumb via keyboard, then back out. Now all is fixed

- I haven't had it happen inside list view as of yet (This is the default mode whenever I enter a collection), could still happen though.
    -Ok, log incoming.

New info:
    Today I was going to try again so that it would show in the last log made. I entered pictures and it seemed to work perfect. Before I could reproduce this
    100% of the time.It seemed fixed. Until I entered Videos and selected Grid-view. Lost all mouse selection function again. So then I made this log.

If your having trouble repo-ing, I can see if I can make a sceen cap with osb or something.
    Now I'm thinking this might not be the Skin and maybe harder to find / fix.

Thanx again for any help.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I found some warning and errors in the logs, but nothing related to your issue. On 12.01. the last log day there also even nothing in logs and you mentioned to see the issue just before creating the log files. I can not reproduce the problem and also notbody else reportet it yet.
    Can you once try it with another skin? Can you use MP2 in windowed mode and in parallel with task manager take a look on memory usage, if you are in Grid or Vcover view mode?
    As you couldn't see anything in ListView, it's an indicator, that the amount of image data could cause memory problems.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I could reproduce it once. Problem happened 23:49.
    [2017-01-14 23:49:34,424] [5988 ] [Thread10 ] [WARN ] - ServerConnectionManager: Error checking attachment state at home server '68b3f236-0eb7-49dd-80eb-433679ab3555'
    UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPException: Error invoking action 'GetAttachedClients' ---> UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPRemoteException: Network error when invoking action 'GetAttachedClients': The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.AsyncActionCallResult.GetOutParams()
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.ServerCommunication.UPnPServerControllerServiceProxy.GetAttachedClients()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Services.ServerCommunication.ServerConnectionManager.CompleteServerConnection()
    [2017-01-14 23:49:34,477] [6041 ] [AMQ 'SettingsChangeWatcher`1'] [INFO ] - NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider: No credential registered for the root path; using Network Service account as fallback
    [2017-01-14 23:49:36,564] [8128 ] [Thread10 ] [WARN ] - ThreadPool.ProcessQueue(): Exception during processing work ''
    System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
    at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.Utils.CompressionHelper.Decompress(IDeCompressor compressor, Stream inputStream)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.Utils.CompressionHelper.Decompress(WebResponse response)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceConnection.OnCallResponseReceived(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CaptureOrComplete(ExecutionContext& cachedContext, Boolean returnContext)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.FinishPostingAsyncOp()
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.BeginGetResponse(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceConnection.OnActionCalled(CpAction action, IList`1 inParams, Object clientState)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.BeginInvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.ServerStateService.Client.UPnP.ServerStateProxy.GetStates()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Threading.Work.Process()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Threading.ThreadPool.ProcessQueue()
    [2017-01-14 23:49:36,579] [8143 ] [Thread33 ] [WARN ] - ThreadPool.ProcessQueue(): Exception during processing work ''
    UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPException: Error invoking action 'GetStates' ---> UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPRemoteException: Network error when invoking action 'GetStates': The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.AsyncActionCallResult.GetOutParams()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.ServerStateService.Client.UPnP.ServerStateProxy.GetStates()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Threading.Work.Process()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.Threading.ThreadPool.ProcessQueue()
    @Brownard Any idea? Another user reported same for audio view.:(

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I suspect it's related to the UserInputCapture https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...in/WMCSkin/screens/master_mediamenu.xaml#L133

I don't think it's actually of any use in that screen anyway so can probably be safely removed. It's for closing the menu when clicking outside the dialog but that doesn't make sense with the slide menus (possibly just a copy paste artifact from BV?)
    Yes, I believe it's remaining from BV. I wanted that the slide menu can be closed with mouse I guess. I'll remove the code and try to reproduce. Unfortunately I got the failure only once so far.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    @Erixx Haxx
    Could you please look in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\WMCSkin\Skin\WMCSkin\screens" for following file "master_mediamenu.xaml" and overwrite it with attached one. Your installation path might differ though.

Please report, if the problem is solved or remains.

Attachments

• master_mediamenu.7z
      3.4 KB

Erixx Haxx

January 11, 2017
    Home Country
    Hi guys

Thanks for looking into this. Let me know if this is inside a file I change or not.
    I'd be more than happy to comment out or remove a line, then retest for you.

Edit: just seen post.
    Ok, will do and let you know the outcome.
    Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom