Bug and Problem Reports (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
@HTPCSourcer Do we already have a Jira Ticket existing for the sandclock problem on second click? The user @Digsy reported to already have reported this, but I could not find it.

I think that I was getting this mostly when I was having trouble accessing recorded TV programmes from my bedroom client. This problem was fixed by entering the path to the recordings share as a UTC path and entering the correct network credentials. To be honest I had forgotten about it which probably means that the server is now responding fast enough that I never need to try a second click.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll take a look at this, I think the issue is that currently all server settings are loaded when entering the root settings screen. This can cause a delay when loading the settings over a network. We can probably optimise it by only loading the visible settings/groups.

In terms of the loading spinner, it's currently automatically shown when something is selected but the previous action hasn't been completed yet, which is why it only appears on the second attempt. I agree that this could be improved, we should probably add a timeout that checks if an action hasn't been completed after a second or 2, and then show the spinner.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll take a look at this, I think the issue is that currently all server settings are loaded when entering the root settings screen. This can cause a delay when loading the settings over a network. We can probably optimise it by only loading the visible settings/groups.

In terms of the loading spinner, it's currently automatically shown when something is selected but the previous action hasn't been completed yet, which is why it only appears on the second attempt. I agree that this could be improved, we should probably add a timeout that checks if an action hasn't been completed after a second or 2, and then show the spinner.
    Hi Brownard,
    Thanks for that, really appreciated!

I have another point, not really sure, if you or ge2301 is the right address for that though.
    I realized, that the homecontent in WMC skin is partly jumping in, especially when focussing a menu item first time. Sometimes it even slides in horizontally and suddenly vertically another row of items jumps in. After using MP2 for a while this won't happen anymore until next start.

It's really not a big deal, but of course it looks as if something is lagging and that's not so good.
    Would it be possible to improve that a bit? Perhaps you could initialize homecontent already while MP2 is starting in the background or immediately after it is loaded and not only when the menu items are focused first time.

But thanks a lot for the homecontent, it's helping a lot and intensively used by family.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ge2301
    Thanks for implementing the audio switch button.
    Another thing I noticed, in PiP mode (audio and video running) there is a white frame even for audio which disturbes the video full screen picture. I don't have a screenshot but maybe you can reproduce it. Its visible in different skins and themes but for sure in WMC.

Thanks!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ge2301
    Thanks for implementing the audio switch button.
    Another thing I noticed, in PiP mode (audio and video running) there is a white frame even for audio which disturbes the video full screen picture. I don't have a screenshot but maybe you can reproduce it. Its visible in different skins and themes but for sure in WMC.

Thanks!
    Yes, I also saw that not only in PiP Mode (I don't use PiP). I tried to trace it down to the root cause once, but could not find it :(
    I see the frame only on top and left side, so I assumed it's something related to TV with changing refresh rate, because it's only visible in FullScreenMode.
    I might look at it again once. If the frame is really white I could step by step set the parameters in colors.xaml to pink until the frame is pink. Then I could check, where the parameter is used and perhaps nail it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Holzi unfortunately I could not reproduce it on a PC, but I remember it on a TV.
    Is it possible to reproduce it and take a screenshot, also the exact prodecure would be interesting.
    So far I understood: Only in Video/Audio PiP Mode. Does it also happen in Video/Video PiP mode?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made some tests now and the only working skin/theme is Bluevision Titanium Extended where i don't have the white frame (with no OSD up) while playing PiP video/audio with no OSD up.

Furthermore I like the PiP ratio and positioning of Bluevision Grey Theme (PiP Video/TV). See:
    pip bluvision grey theme ok OSD OFF.png

On Bluevision Win10 Theme PiP (TV/video) seems to be broken:
    white frame_bluevision win10 theme PIP video.png

On WMC and Bluevision you can see the white frame while playing PiP (video/audio) and NO OSD is shown.
    wmc default theme PIP tvaudio.png

With OSD shown everything is looking okay while in either PiP video/audio or PiP video/video.
    wmc default theme PIP tvaudio1.png wmc default theme PIP tvtv.png

I am using the latest build (#90).

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made some tests now and the only working skin/theme is Bluevision Titanium Extended where i don't have the white frame (with no OSD up) while playing PiP video/audio with no OSD up.

Furthermore I like the PiP ratio and positioning of Bluevision Grey Theme (PiP Video/TV). See:
    View attachment 200922

On Bluevision Win10 Theme PiP (TV/video) seems to be broken:
    View attachment 200923

On WMC and Bluevision you can see the white frame while playing PiP (video/audio) and NO OSD is shown.
    View attachment 200924

With OSD shown everything is looking okay while in either PiP video/audio or PiP video/video.
    View attachment 200925 View attachment 200926

I am using the latest build (#90).
    The Grey Theme contains nothing else as a few adjusted colors, the content is 100% from BV. This shows, that your skin files are corrupted or not uptodate. I can not reproduce the same results with #90. I do not use installers, I just compiled WiP2.2.1 branch and I see things as I changed them a few weeks before (see below). I recommend, to delete once all skin files and again download the latest installer.

BV_PIP_NoOSD.jpg

BV_PIP_OSD.jpg

WMC_PIP_NoOSD.jpg

WMC_PIP_OSD.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also in combination TV/Audio it works as expected. See below and compare with your screenshot.
    WMC_PIP_OSD.jpg

Generally we have a big misunderstanding I think. I thought you talk about a white frame of the background of the FullScreen , not of the PiP Dialogue.
    I see partly, that the background has a light white frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom