[BUG] AtmoWin - Not always using Win8 enhanced capturing (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can see that it is enabled when the windows can move very smoothly and when it isn't enabled, the windows don't. When I close AtmoWin and restart explorer.exe, the problem is solved. Edit: An easier fix is to set "No effect" from taskbar and then select "Live" again.
When I want the judder again (which I obviously don't), the only thing I have to do is open AtmoWin and press OK.

btw, is AtmoDuino V2 better than V1?

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nevcairiel which also develops the amazing Lav Filters did the Windows 8 live view implementation so he might know more about it but at first glance it might be driver/ buffer overflow problem in AtmoWin or perhaps the settings aren't directly applied, can you post the following information:

Display driver and brand + model
    Exact windows version
    AtmoWin version

And once you close explorer.exe and re-launch AtmoWin does it occur again after a while?

Not sure about AtmoDuino V2 because afaik there's no changelog for it only some mention of bugfixes in the commit log, initially made V1 with a friend in 2009ish which still seems to be going strong so would stick with it :)
    There's also my outdated AtmoWin build without any XML config or enhancements but has W8 live view and no new bugs ;) , so if all else fails we can give that a go but let's first see if it perhaps can be solved.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello boys
    Atmoduino V2 is nothinf else than a different approch to use Atmoduino protocol.
    Skecth for V1 OR V2 are not compatible.
    i have adapted the port of @nevcairiel for make the difference with the V1.
    The V1 modify the original Atmo protocol
    and the V2 has it's own protocol files.
    so i don't know what is the change compared to V1. ... but i use (when my system is ON) the V2. without error.

About windows 8 live-view, i do'nt know @HomeY use it, since many times now, so maybe has detected few error ?

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with exams. Also, I have to emphasize that the bug does not occur in normal usage, only when opening the AtmoWin config panel and closing it. In normal usage, you don't do this, only when adjusting settings.
    can you post the following information:
    Display driver and brand + model: GTX750Ti with driver version 344.11
    Exact windows version: Windows 8.1 64bit
    AtmoWin version: 1.0.0.8 (from MP repository)

And once you close explorer.exe and re-launch AtmoWin does it occur again after a while?.
    No it does not. But as I said, the fastest fix is to just rightclick on the taskbar icon and press No Effect and after that press Live View.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, will look into the AtmoWin code and see if I can find the cause :)
    What might be needed is to add a check current mode function and re-apply any changes on the save settings / window close so hopefully gonna have an testing version for you soon with that already included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom