[bug]Different behaviours of scrapper in importer and "refresh from..." (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,

I'm using spanish scrapper from this post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/830393-post121.html

...and I've got a little bug with that scrapper... If called from Importer all is good... but if you've got a film in the list and you do a "refresh from...", then IMDB id is filled with language, instead of IMDB id.

It could be a scrapper bug, but provided that scrapper doesn't do anything different if called from importer of from film db, I think this should be first revised by Moving Pictures team...

Thanks a lot.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,

I'm using spanish scrapper from this post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/830393-post121.html

...and I've got a little bug with that scrapper... If called from Importer all is good... but if you've got a film in the list and you do a "refresh from...", then IMDB id is filled with language, instead of IMDB id.

It could be a scrapper bug, but provided that scrapper doesn't do anything different if called from importer of from film db, I think this should be first revised by Moving Pictures team...

A scraper-script has two parts, a search-node to locate the movie, or give a list of multiple matches.

And then a details-node to fill in all the information.

It is possible that your script only does the IMDb tt-ID during search-node, which means you have to sent the movie back to the importer to make it do that part, as refresh online details only redoes the details-node. But these are things you can fix/control in the scraper-script.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'd like to clarify that I'm not the scrapper owner/programmer in any way... I only did a little fix.

But thanks a lot. I'll try to figure out what's happening with the help of your comment. :)

Thanks again.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok... I found what's happening... The scrapper does a test (if) on a movie variable (language)... If null (so when you call it from movie importer) it doesn't enter a loop... if not null (so when already inside movie database, and called using refresh) it enters and overwrite imdb id with language...

As I told you, I'm not the scrapper developer, so no idea why this if() is there... but I've removed it and voilà... May be I've broken something else... :p

Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom