Bug: Entire Serie hidden on single episode delete with thetvdb.com down (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I had some problems with the plugin not retaining the watched status on all the shows after deleting a single episode (I could fix it by disabling auto import, but was annoying), so I decided it was time to purge entire database and start from scratch, as I suspected a database corruption might be the cause.

Unfortunatly I did the purge last week just when Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software had gone down unbeknownst to me.

So I stumbled on some weird bugs:

Adding all my shows again without the Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software site being up worked fine, no fanart or other data showed up of course, but at least I was able to watch things again based on the raw names.

However on a lot of shows I do not care to keep episodes I have watched. So I only keep the very last episode around and delete the one before it (I know that deleting all the episodes makes the show hidden as well). Simply press '0' on remote control and the delete menu shows up, and then I use option '3' to delete from both database and disk.

The moment I do that the entire show is gone from being listed. And I've redone it multiple times with emptying database, and even deleting TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 to start from scratch, even tried v2.3.3538 just to see.

Now that Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software is back, the problem went away. I can once again delete files from dbase+disk again without any problems.

But the bug is still present, and who knows when Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software will go down again.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    Pretty much the same problem here. Episodes that I added while tvdb was down initially showed up in MP, but after deleting one they all seemed to go away. I noticed in the MP configuration that these were actually highlighted in blue (on the first tab) and did not have a "+" sign next to the show name. The only way I got them back in MP was to wait until tvdb came back up. Then I removed those episodes and added them back again. Very strange........

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The thetvdb.com seems to have gone back to an older database, because pre-existing episode data has dissapeared.

Seems I had 5 episodes on a TV show that lacked thetvdb.com entries (the most current ones being obvious for missing, because nobody was able to enter new stuff for almost a week). So the moment I deleted an episode that lacked a thetvdb.com entry, the entire show dissapeared and the other episodes became part of the 'Manual Episode Import' list.

So to combat this, I've added recent data on 5 TV shows that also showed up in my 'Manual Episode Import' list, as I try to help thetvdb.com to stay current on episode number, episode name, air-date, synops, banner, poster and fanart.

I still think this is a bug.

Possibly the raw filenames that are found, but can't be matched to a thetvdb.com entry (also incase no connection to that site can be made), show up in either the same color (Orange on Blue3 skin) used for entries that exist in the database, but not on disk, or perhaps another color. Assuming of course the filename passes the automatic import rules. Those episodes should then automatically be updated the moment somebody adds the information to the thetvdb.com website. Instead of using a color, could also use "(missing thetvdb.com entry)" as episode title text for example to encourage more people to add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom