[BUG] Launching MP via short-names path breaks dialogs (1 Viewer)

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was gonna submit a bug-report for this but I'm using 1.3.0 Beta. I still think it's a bug though as I can now reproduce it! It relates back to my post here though.

My IR.ini file doesn't seem to handle long filepaths. (I'd recently changed it to let me press the green button to start up MP if I had closed it to access the config)
    Anything with a space breaks:

"c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\mediaportal.exe" gives "c:\program " not found. I tried wrapping in quotes too, but the problem persisted.

I changed it to the short-path:
    "c:\progra~1\teamme~1\mediaportal\mediaportal.exe" and now it works. BUT - launching MP this way, breaks Mediaportal. NO dialogs will show (see attached error log) and in addition, exiting MP crashes with an IO error.

So I think this is a bug - the launchpath shouldn't affect the working of the application. Not sure where to report it though... :)

Attachments

• err.txt
      696 bytes

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    (note) a workaround for this is to make a batch file, i.e. c:\mp.bat with the long-name path to MP in it, and call the .bat from the IRRemote.ini. Seems to get around the issue.

timmyNz

Portal Member
    December 27, 2007
    I have also noticed this bug! Thanks for the workaround jmbillings

I have it setup so the green button on my hauppauge remote starts MediaPortal using IRRemote.ini with short paths. When i start it this way i can't record live tv, view active records or change the volume. As soon as i start it using the icon on the desktop it works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom