[Bug] Bug ”svn-1.1.7.28095”: Can´t stop recording after show is scheduled to end. (1 Viewer)

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
January 12, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
What does it say? What options does it give you?

It gives me the options “This Program” or “until I stop”. Like when I press “rec” on the remote when TV is on.

I know this is going to be a stupid question, but is the EPG info in 'TV home' for the same channel as you are recording? Does the button actually say 'stop recording' or does it say 'start recording'?

I can't see anything in your logs to suggest that you are trying to stop a recording.

Mark

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean in your first question, but yes I am sure the button says "Stop Recording".

Edit:
Unfortunately in the logs, the next show in the EPG is the same show as the recorded, just another episode, if that is what you mean.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It gives me the options “This Program” or “until I stop”. Like when I press “rec” on the remote when TV is on.

I know this is going to be a stupid question, but is the EPG info in 'TV home' for the same channel as you are recording? Does the button actually say 'stop recording' or does it say 'start recording'?

I can't see anything in your logs to suggest that you are trying to stop a recording.

Mark

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean in your first question, but yes I am sure the button says "Stop Recording".

Edit:
    Unfortunately in the logs, the next show in the EPG is the same show as the recorded, just another episode, if that is what you mean.

You've misunderstood me.

Let's look at my own situation.

The last channel I actually watched TV on was BBC1. I then set a recording on ITV1.

If I go to 'TV Home' while this is recording, the program info in TV Home is for BBC1. The 'recording' button says 'Record Now', and if I click on it I get two options: 1. Current Programme, 2. Until Manual Stop.

This makes perfect sense, because let's say I have five programs recording. If the button said 'Stop Recording', which one would be stopped?

Let's say I then turn on TV to channel 'ITV1'. This button now changes to 'Stop Record'.

Right, I have just done another test. This time I was within the 'pre-record' interval (so before the program I set to record had actually started). This time, I see the same as you are reporting.

The first time I tried this, I was within the post-record interval, and it stopped it fine. This is the situation you reported, which I cannot reproduce.

So, sometimes it correctly recogises that you are recording, and offers to stop. Other times it sees that you are not recording the program that is current on, and offers to let you record it. However, the button text is set according to whether the channel is recording.

I'll be honest, I don't know what the correct behaviour is. If the program on now is not the one you are recording, should you be offered the opportunity to record it, or to stop the recording of a different (finished or not yet started) program.

Either way, the button text should reflect what will happen.

Thanks for reporting, and hopefully you are not offended by my response, but you also understand the need for a clear reproducible description and logs.

Best wishes,

Mark

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I´m surely not offended, just glad if this helps to fix the bug.
    And I of course understand that good clear bug-reports makes everything a lot easier.

Niels

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And I have now reproduced this once in post-record time.

Clearly the circumstances are complicated, and we need to spend some time making sure we decide on the correct behaviour. I think it is fair to say that this won't be fixed for 1.2.0. If we keep trying to fix every bug, we will never get it released. However, I will schedule this for 1.3.0.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom