Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, the reason is the space and time formatting. In the beginning placed the start and end like "22:15 - 23:30". The problem is, if an program ends the next day or you move even back in EPG. In worst case it can look like this: "23.06.2016 22:15 - 24.06.2016 23:30". It's not even possible to put both in one label, because the format is not supported by converters. I can only place it into a StackPanel and start and end time scroll seperatey --> absolutely not nice.
    Vertically there is no space in BV for a second label.
    Wasn't the start/end time not placed at the right side next to the title before? This is a loss of function in favour for design which I really don't like. Same applies to program description in full guide, which does not scroll anymore. So you will never be able to read the full text, as there can be much more text (I reported this before).

My proposal is to make the time "formatable". If the start time contains the date, the end time does not need it from my point of view. There is usually no program running more than 1 day. The year is also not necessary, as the watch in top right corner shows it, is enough. If you are in January 2018 and the date of epg shows 24.12. it's also clear, that you scrolled back to previous year. As an result the worst case time would be like this: 14.05. 23:15 - 1:30
    This is also how other software handles it usually.
    I can try to create a converter for this, but it would have been better to keep a working version before.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have pushed a change to WMC_v3 branch which does:
    • Introduce ConverterParameter (type "TvDateFormat") to specify "Day", "DifferentDay", "Time" (or combinations)
    • Change the default format of Start to "DifferentDay+Time"
    • Change the default format of End to "Time"
    • Introduced common control for duration formatting (BV default theme only)
    I restored the end times for BV fullguide/miniguide already. You would need to apply same for other themes/skins. I highly recommend the same common usage of program duration (control style), i.e.:
    XML:
          <!-- Common control for program duration formatting -->
          <Control Style="{StaticResource ProgramDurationControlStyle}" DataContext="{Binding Path=CurrentProgram}" />

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks looks much better. I pushed my changes for BV and Win10 theme at first.
    • Fixed: Some screens in BV were not changed yet with the new ProgramDurationControlStyle
    • Fixed: Some screens (MainEPG, ... did still use the old rigthsided aligned footer) and nobody realized so far ;)
    • As requested I brought back autoscrolling for the descriptions in all TV footer
    Open point (cosmetic):
    The delimiter "-" is always visible, even no time is existing. I tried ReferenceToBoolConverter (see below) and EmptyStringToFalseConverter. Both are not working. First one has no effect, second makes the delimiter disappear continiously.
    XML:
    <Label x:Name="Delimiter" Margin="10,0,10,0"  Color="{ThemeResource TextColor}" Content="-"
                       IsVisible="{Binding Path=EndTime,Converter={StaticResource ReferenceToBoolConverter}}"/>

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just an idea, you could try to bind the visibility to the content of one label, like:
    <Label x:Name="Delimiter" Margin="10,0,10,0" Color="{ThemeResource TextColor}" Content="-"
    IsVisible="{Binding ElementName=ProgramStart, Path=Content, Converter={StaticResource EmptyStringToFalseConverter}}"/>

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 I found a small mistake in program duration change: BV + win10: Overwork of SlimTV footer (some screens with old style, n… · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2@56554a2 · GitHub
    New is {Binding Path=CurrentProgram}
    Old was {Binding Path=SelectedCurrentProgram...

And here should probably be no DataContext at all: BV + win10: Overwork of SlimTV footer (some screens with old style, n… · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2@56554a2 · GitHub

Please check before / after again, especially the DataContext

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IsVisible="{Binding ElementName=ProgramStart, Path=Content, Converter={StaticResource EmptyStringToFalseConverter}}"/>
    That works :)

New is {Binding Path=CurrentProgram}
    Old was {Binding Path=SelectedCurrentProgram...
    Corrected

And here should probably be no DataContext at all:
    It works well with the DataContext.

And I found 3 bugs, that I'll also corrected. 2 screens have still scrollbars on right side. In ext. schedules all texts are scrolling, if too long. It should be only for the focused item.

marabicudi

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    Hi there,

Would it be possible to add the autoscrolling for descriptions also in series footers?
    The description of the most episodes i have are "cut" and there is no possibility to read the full text.

Thanks in advance

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

Would it be possible to add the autoscrolling for descriptions also in series footers?
    The description of the most episodes i have are "cut" and there is no possibility to read the full text.

Thanks in advance
    A new info screen will come with all details. The info screen can be activated in settings and appears optionally before playing a movie or when pressing the info key during playing. For the footer no auto scrolling will come. For TV there is no info screen, that's the only reason.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ge2301 ,

When recording multiple episodes of a show, the recording screen is consolidating these in one folder and displays the number of individual episodes. However, there is no distinction of a standard reording and a folder structure - see screenshot

RecordingFolder.JPG

Can the display be adjusted in such way that the folders are displayed differently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom