Building a skin from scratch - a tour - (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Btw, if you are good a gfx, I need an overlay which is mostly transparent, 2 screens wide (it will scroll) and adds some depth to the screen. My initial idea is Win 8 based -> see these gear wheels in the attached screenshot.

But the dark grey background would need to be 100% transparent and the wheels would also be partly transparent (lets say 40% or something). It continues to the right if you scroll.
    Metro.png

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What is going behind it will it only be dark backgrounds, because if it is something light the cogs will disappear based on what you asked.

Anyways here you go:
    and I added a black glow as might look better like that. let me know which is preferable and if you need it larger.

metro2 (pure white, yes it is there, just click :p )
    metro2.png

metro3 (white with dark glow)
    metro3.png

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    white fade with inner black shadow
    metro4.png

original but longer
    metro_original_long.png

50% grey with 50% opaque + crop
    metro5(grey.50%opaque).png

They will all look very different depending on what is behind them.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if this is scrolling forever in one direction then you need to make it the free ends interlock otherwise you will see join marks. this is something that can be done in future if needed, but not worth while doing at the moment. If it doesn't scroll forever then you don't need the free ends to match up.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Is this a bug or would that be a feature request?...
    It's a bug lots of skinners are stumbling about. The really ugly and buggy MP1 skin engine is one of the endless reasons that made me decide to focus completely on MP2.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    if this is scrolling forever in one direction then you need to make it the free ends interlock otherwise you will see join marks. this is something that can be done in future if needed, but not worth while doing at the moment. If it doesn't scroll forever then you don't need the free ends to match up.
    You are quick! I don't need interlock, just 2 x 1920 is enough (as I have to split the image anyway, anything outside of the screen is not rendered). Thanks for your help!

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you make them 900 height based on my screens? That is just because of my laptop - the skin is full 1080p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom