Building your own IR-receiver (1 Viewer)

Artman

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hope this is the right place for this post...

I know there are many forums on the Internet for how to build your own IR-reveiver but I also know many people hate searching through all those large forums, so here's a good link:

http://users.skynet.be/RafkeP/tutorials/remote/

Exactly solder your components as shown in the figure from the url and your IR-receiver will function.
Then use WINLIRC to test your receiver with any remote you choose! This is great because unlike other receivers here you can use e.g. your DVD remote control for controlling your HTPC.
There's some plugin support for WinLIRC in MediaPortal but it's not functioning very well so I use IR-assistent for the interaction between WinLIRC and MediaPortal. I think this works quite right.

A

Anonymous

I got a very good receiver, which looks like the one on your photo at eBays for about 3 euros. If you are not that experienced in building such things, like me.

Artman

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Rotterdam, Netherlands
I am not that experienced as you might think :D I just wanted to try this and it worked. It's just like building a computer...in the beginning you have no idea but after trying you will become better in it.

By the way: these component cost you about 5 euros or 7 dollars. So may be the solution of JohnnyCash is even better.

A

Anonymous

IR Receiver

Hi

I have build that one (LIRC) and it works perfectly with winlirc and with girder.

The main problem is that we cant make it wake-up the pc with the remote...

So i am going to build this one since is USB (or try to build it... 3€ deserve a try :lol: ).

http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)_eng.htm

Dont know if it works with wake-up function but if so...how to be sure that it will wake-up the pc with only the power key... and thats bad!!!

The project is open source so anyone how understands a litle of AVR code can make some adjustments for that ... i think...

Anyone tried this one?

Goahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
hello @Terriff sorry, but IRSS is not maintaned by community, but always open the last source files are here : Azzuro/IR-Server-Suite
hello @Terriff sorry, but IRSS is not maintaned by community, but always open the last source files are here ...
Hi all. Haven't been here in a long time, but I've been using IRSS for like 10 years now and I still love it! I know it's not...
Replies
Views
Just gonna add my 2 cents worth here. I have the Inteset PC-IRS5-01 IR Receiver and it installed fine, as per their instructions. However I did encounter an issue getting my remote, a HP MCE Media Centre remote (RC6), to work as an expected. This, I eventually figured out, was due to the tuner card I was using at the time having a...
Just gonna add my 2 cents worth here. I have the Inteset PC-IRS5-01 IR Receiver and it installed fine, as per their instructions...
I have two Dell 990s, one is my MP player machine, the other the MP video recorder/server. Purchased Inteset USB IR receiver...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom