Building your own IR-receiver (1 Viewer)

Artman

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hope this is the right place for this post...

I know there are many forums on the Internet for how to build your own IR-reveiver but I also know many people hate searching through all those large forums, so here's a good link:

http://users.skynet.be/RafkeP/tutorials/remote/

Exactly solder your components as shown in the figure from the url and your IR-receiver will function.
Then use WINLIRC to test your receiver with any remote you choose! This is great because unlike other receivers here you can use e.g. your DVD remote control for controlling your HTPC.
There's some plugin support for WinLIRC in MediaPortal but it's not functioning very well so I use IR-assistent for the interaction between WinLIRC and MediaPortal. I think this works quite right.

A

Anonymous

I got a very good receiver, which looks like the one on your photo at eBays for about 3 euros. If you are not that experienced in building such things, like me.

Artman

Portal Member
February 7, 2005
Rotterdam, Netherlands
I am not that experienced as you might think :D I just wanted to try this and it worked. It's just like building a computer...in the beginning you have no idea but after trying you will become better in it.

By the way: these component cost you about 5 euros or 7 dollars. So may be the solution of JohnnyCash is even better.

A

Anonymous

IR Receiver

Hi

I have build that one (LIRC) and it works perfectly with winlirc and with girder.

The main problem is that we cant make it wake-up the pc with the remote...

So i am going to build this one since is USB (or try to build it... 3€ deserve a try :lol: ).

http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)_eng.htm

Dont know if it works with wake-up function but if so...how to be sure that it will wake-up the pc with only the power key... and thats bad!!!

The project is open source so anyone how understands a litle of AVR code can make some adjustments for that ... i think...

Anyone tried this one?

Goahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom