Bulk file name update (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I had a search through the forum and I can't see a thread on this, so...

I currently have my TV Series on the network under \\Fileserver\TV_Series and then divided into sub-directories based on series name. e.g.:
\\Fileserver
\TV_Series
\A
\Arrow
\Season 1
\Season 2
\B
\Babylon 5
\Season 1
\Season 2
\C
(etc)

I have a new (bigger) fileserver and the sub-directories are now on \\NAS-002\TV_Series (with the same sub-structures).
I do not want to have to nuke and reload the data in the plugin (I have been collecting/ripping series for almost 20 years now), so is there any way to update the database so that all of the filenames now point to the new NAS?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You can manually edit the DB3 SQLite database file with an appropriate tool.

There are multiple tables to update, and knowledge of SQL is required.

If you are not comfortable with that, then just move the data and do a fresh import.

Neoculture

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2011
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I work as an Analyst and Developer for large ingres database systems, so the SQL part doesn't scare me. ^_^ What does scare me is the fact that I do not know the dbms that is being used, how to access it under windows and the table structures.

Is there a cookbook which explains this?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Start Menu, go to All apps, and locate MediaPortal, inside there you'll find a "User Data" link

Windows Explorer should open, and look for "database" folder, and within it TVSeriesDatabase4.db3

Or paste the following in your SQLite editor: %ProgramData%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3

My personal preference lies with (SQLite Expert Personal) @ SQLite administration | SQLite Expert

That should do it :rolleyes:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you want to take it one step further, source-code @ damienhaynes/mptvseries

The wiki pages just never got imported into Github correctly when Google Code decided to throw in the towel. The web-archive has a decent copy though that partly works. I'm supposed to feel energized enough to assist in getting that to work again, but MP1+MP-TVSeries works fine for me, and I rather use it to watch a program that spend hours/days to get some documentation functional that almost nobody needs :D

Neoculture

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2011
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yup. And the dedicated forum pointed to by the plugin-entry on the MediaPortal website comes back as 404, so that knowledge is gone as well. <sigh> Anyhoo - not afraid to get my hands dirty, mostly afraid that I don't know what I am doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom