Burner plugin (1 Viewer)

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
I started using comskip and then mpegii2dvd via the program plugin. Cuts out commercials ok for me (some frames are left) and is a bit on the slow side, but I don't need any mouse or keyboard. I wish I could do a batch like this: Convert from dvr-ms to mpg, comskip, mpegII2dvd. But I'm pretty sure that there will be some frantic who'll create a cut&burn plugin including the possibility of comskip. Maybe, once dvr-ms is thrown out of Mediaportal.

J

rbublitz

Portal Member
November 20, 2005
how do you access Convert?

This is probably a very silly question - but where is the Convert menu? I've enabled the "my Burner" plugin but do not see anywhere any buttons to convert dvr-ms to mpg. I've read in previous posts that there should be alot of options available.

All I see is Audio, Data, Disk Info, Erase Disk and Eject CD

Could someone enlighten me.

Thanks.

rbublitz

Portal Member
November 20, 2005
Are you saying that the "Compress" options in the Tv/Recorded area is the "myBurner" plugin? Because I've tried the "Compress" options to convert a dvr-ms to mpg and the file that's output has no audio - not very good.

Also, there's no way to set any options for converting to mpg. Converting to wmv and xvid both result in errors.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    i´ve never used the compression feature so far, but as far as i know, you need to have the elecard codec installed. Are you aware of this?
    (not true for the burner plugin)

tomtom

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    tomtom21000

You do not need the elecard codec for converting to mpeg2 using the compress feature.

rbublitz

Have just converted one of my recordings whilst typing this and sound fine. Which codecs are you using for TV, particularly anything you have altered on the sound side.

8)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Paranoid Delusion:

Yes, you are right, I remembered wrong:

dman_lfc said:
    The MediaPortal transcoding engine uses third-party filters to enable us to transcode the DVR-MS recordings to other formats.

Here is a list of required filters etc to enable you to transcode...

DVR-MS to MPEG

To convert to MPEG you currently need the Cyberlink MPEG Multiplexer registered.

Note: This does not work for HDTV & AC3 recordings.

DMAN
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=47050

elecard was needed for transcoding to .avi.

So, maybe he needs the cyberling mpeg multiplexer? Or is that post from dman outdated alltogether?

maybe someone with more experience in the matter can be of better help.

tomtom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom