Button at the top which lets video appear behind the menu (1 Viewer)

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys - sorry for the weird description but i'm trying to find out what it is called/referenced? The button at the top of MP in the home menu (usually) which when clicked if watching TV/video will bring the video into the background with the menu in the foreground.

What I guess I'm asking is - is there a way to enable this by default? I like the look of having the menu (especially as i use Aeon) as a strip across the TV when wanting to select something else. At the moment the only way to select it is if you want it after startup and that's a bit of a pain and silly to do! Cheers!

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
Nobody knows what this is? I find that hard to believe..not even the developers?

If that's the case...could i put a request in for an option for this to be default when a video is playing?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Know what's it's called "overlay menu mode", but it needs video running, so cannot be selected as default.

I know most people do not even know this exists, so the topic is very rarely mentioned, maybe one thread a year, would like to see this exploited more.

Regards

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks PD - yeah, i found it by accident and it looks very swish (especially using Aeon and having the horizontal bar on top of telly).

I know it cant be select by default at "on" time, but what about if it could be turned on internally without user intervention once a video has been selected? If that makes any sense.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Put it forward in improvement section, post screenshots as well (winsnap 1.10 for this).

A lot of people would just love this option, if they only knew :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom