Button mapping for direct MP-TVSeries access (1 Viewer)

geode

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've searched the forums, but haven't figured out if this is possible. I'm using a Microsoft MCE remote with Mediaportal. I use the MP-TVSeries plugin almost exclusively, and I'd like to configure a button on the remote to directly launch the MP-TVSeries plugin when the button is pushed.

Is it possible to assign an action to the effect of "launch the MP-TVSeries plugin GUI" when a particular remote button is pressed? If so, what commands are necessary in the MP Config?

Thanks in advance!

geode

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I looked at the shortcutter plugin thread, and it looks like it can only be used for keyboard button presses, not unassigned remote button presses. :(

I'd like to assign the "yellow" MCE remote button to launch the "MP-TVSeries" plugin

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
Assign a key shorctut with shortcutter and then assign the key to a button of your remote.

geode

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ok, I've got the shortcutter plugin set to assign the button press of the number 9 to the MP-TVSeries plugin screen, and in the MCE remote mappings I have the "yellow" button assigned to the number 9.

Problem is, pressing the yellow button doesn't bring up the MP-TVSeries plugin. The command is being received, but isn't doing anything. What am I doing wrong?

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
I am not sure you can do this from within MP.
First you shouldnt assign TVSeries to the number 9, 9 should be used to do "9"... Instead you should use something like Ctrl+Alt+T or V.

Second as i said i am not sure you can do that from MP, what you did is map the yellow button to the action "9" of MP which should when you are in a list brings you to the letter w. You need to use an application to control your remote and order it to send the keystroke "Ctrl+Alt+v" . You can do this with IR server Suite

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I manually edit the InputMappings xml so that the "Recorded TV" button on "No Condition" points at window id 9811 (the window ID for MP-TVSeries).

You can do exactly the same for the yellow button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom