By default sort by... (1 Viewer)

jasonmorriso

Portal Pro
April 19, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Am I missunderstanding the purpose of this field? If I set it to File Path, I figured it meant it would display the movies in the order that their directories would be listed alphabetically, but that does to seem to be the case.

I would like my James bind movies grouped together on the screen, so I named all the directories as "007 01 - Dr No", "007 03 - Goldfinger", etc. but instead, they seem to sort only on the name. Same goes for the recent Batman films and such.

Am I doing it wrong?

jasonmorriso

Portal Pro
April 19, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Okay, you can ignore that message, I realize now that it does not sort them when you are in the Configurator, but DOES do exactly what I wanted when you are actually in Media Portal.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Okay, you can ignore that message, I realize now that it does not sort them when you are in the Configurator, but DOES do exactly what I wanted when you are actually in Media Portal.

The IMDb+ plugin/scraper will group all your series by renaming the titles during import. At the same time a new development is in the works to add movie series grouping to the MovPic plugin itself, but it could still be a while before that is a working option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom