C#.NET Plugin Writing Tutorial (1 Viewer)

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Messiah said:
    I would prefer some more choices in the site navigator as you can't expect everyone to surf the forums to get the basic stuff
    Yeah, putting this in the documents section would make sense.

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    Excellent, thanks!

But I'm stuck :?

Followed the tutorial, compiled the DLL and copied it into the MP plugin\windows directory, but it simply does not appear in the plugin list of the MP configurator.

* I had to add "System.Windows.Forms" as a reference (probably trivial, but I'm a c# rookie!)
    * Do I have to tell somewhere that I want to implement the ISetupForm interface? I understand point 12) of the tutorial but I have no idea if I should DO something after reading this point....
    * The DLL is about 16kB big
    * Do I have to copy guilib.dll somewhere?
    * Do I have to do something special to "enable" directX (apart vom installing the SDK) ?

Rookie questions, I know... I'm a Delphi coder, so have mercy!! :D

(you can find my Class1.cs file here)

Cheers,

Daniel

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    waeberd said:
    * Do I have to tell somewhere that I want to implement the ISetupForm interface? I understand point 12) of the tutorial but I have no idea if I should DO something after reading this point....

Hi

I'm primarily a VB.NET person, but I know bits of C#, so hope this works ;-). I'm pretty sure what your missing is the point I have highlighted above. To implement the ISetupForm, do the following:

When you declare the class, i.e.
    Code:
    public class Class1

Change this to:
    Code:
    public class Class1 : ISetupForm

The colon in C# means 'implements'. To implement more than one interface, seperate it with a comma.

HTH

Sam

bedlam

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    very nice work jadz, there are probably a bunch of us out there who only got basic programming skills, and wan´t to learn more, this document takes us a few steps up the road! But as previous posters have posted.. .I want to make a screen!
    hooooow :)
    it would be nice to have some sort of template to look at, for guidance. Like a basic screen with only the buttons that are in ALL modules.(if there is such buttons).

Thanks for the effort jadz
    //bedlam

A

Anonymous

I am also looking at trying to get a basic plugin going. I am very rusty as I haven't been doing programming for a long time. I also don't have the MS .Net development tools. I am trying to do it using all OS or free tools, currently in SharpDevelop.

It would be great if someone had a document explaing how to setup a plugin using SharpDevelop. I am almost there I think at the moment, but it is saying it can't find the namespace DirectX or Microsoft. I have both the DX and DOTNET SDK's installed now. . .still same problem.

jon230873

Portal Member
    August 1, 2004
    New Zealand
    I have tried the plugin document, again another Delphi programmer trying to make it in the world of C#

Can't find the guilib refrence and unsure what step 12 is staying.

I have a C# exmaple of the Mega remote program so Mega 180 and 865 remotes can work so any help on making this plugin would be great.

:eek:

jadz

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2004
    Canada
    CVS and the structure of the source code has changed a bit since it has been written. You should be able to open up some of the projects in CVS and see the references and includes required to get them work.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom