CableCard ATSC Music Channels (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh 1 more thing. will make it easier for me to ask then to just try. that Patch for the Radio channels. Now how will the channels have to be added? as web streams? or do I have to leave them as ATSC in the TV Tuner Section?
    There is zero chance to add them as web streams.
    Yes, they should work as ATSC channels in the TV channels list.

and does that patch turn off the Video? because I was thinking about moving all of the music stations into the radio section (MTV VH1) you know. there wasn't any discussion in that thread about how this patch functions. and what the limitations are of there are even any.
    The patch doesn't turn off video, that's for sure. Its purpose is to make the video and audio play smoothly.
    I'm not sure what would happen if you try to load/convert a TV channel (at least: a channel with video) into a radio channel. You may just have to try it and see. If you know how to convert in the DB then it shouldn't be too hard to change 'em back if it doesn't work.

I will tell you this tho. i was trying to figure out how to make the channel changes faster...
    There are various things you could look at, depending on your technical knowledge.
    • timeshift to local RAMdisk or SSD
    • MySQL installed to SSD
    • MySQL data on SSD
    • configure MySQL to use a reasonable amount of RAM for cache
    • consider adding additional indexes to the DB
    • ensure your network is running optimally
    ...but less than 1 second to change channels is pretty good! :D

kdschlosser

Portal Member
    February 26, 2015
    Evergreen CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Actually I have 2 Ram drives set up already 8GB each. One houses the whole mysql Suite Data and all. with some Crafty scripting and a good working knowledge of DFS and a battery backup to hold the machine for hours I am not worried about losing any data and what i am doing is I have t 2 ram drives are actuallt Image files so ot's pretty easy to set up a service to mount them and then make SQL service dependant on it and i Believe the TVService is dependant on SQL. I am using Robocopy in a Replication kinda mode to check every 2 hours on the Sql data. and anything that has changed it only movesthose files. and 1 time a day it flushes everything to my File server and to the local RAID. The other drive is for temp files and for the Timeshift. I am not sure on this tho. I changed the Buffer that loads upon first starting the stream was at 15 seconds for some reason and 5 on the descram timer. i put them both at 2. works great. but when i restarted the service it went back to the 15 and 5 not sure as to why. I haven't messed around with it. I would like to offload the front end. seeing that it was made to actually be a standalone. Am I able to keep it simple and just do Symlinks for the Thumbs and Data files to my File server?. in all Honesty I would love if i was just able to connect it to another database but I am pretty sure the handelers for the database are actually coded into MediaPortal. and without recoding 1/2 the thingit would be pointless. I would however still like to have the art and thumbs be more on the lines of multiseat. I't a pain maintaining a bunch of copies of that stuff. I have almost gotten myfilms and My Movies to play nice. just some Random characters that are in the data for the movies on Mymovies are causing a problem on import into my films. a Real Pain. But once i deal with them one at a time. and clean it out of mssql will be good to go as far as a management there. still have to have 3 sets of artwork tho. myfilms doesn't like cealing with clsid's for filenames and paths to the art. I really wish the makers of MyMovies haden't gotten all wierd on this build and locked out mssql. But they did. Do you know of any way to get my hands on the SA Password??? I have read about some ways to reset it. But i do not know if that will cause a problem with the app.

I do have one problem with the Radio Stuff. I wanted to add my local Radio station via webstream. it doesn't work tho. and I scopped the lod files and didn't see any errors. it just pops up a message saying it can't connect and then only shows the last part of the URL. after the ?. works Great pulling off my cards. Video and all. I even moved over MTV and VH1 and made a seperate folder and Guide for Music Videos.. Found a really easy way to move the channels without having to enter all the ATSC crap for em..

Thanks again for the Help I appreciate it. Do You know of a Good source to get ahold of oversized Channel Logos. Radio Stretches the hell out of em. looks like p00p. lol

Sorry for all the typos, Been shoveling snow. Fingers frozen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom