CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1 (4 Viewers)

mediacowboy

Portal Pro
May 5, 2012
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It is the last tab in schedules direct plugin. If I remember right it only works for shows ya record but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• thetvdb.jpg
    thetvdb.jpg
    125.9 KB
Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
i am wondering how do i grab EPG if it is not yet supported? what kind of plugin do i ddl?

Just a head's up to everyone here...

As far as I have seen, even with more direct access to the tuner with this new interface (UPnP/DRI) there is no way to retrieve EPG from the tuner. When this new build is released you'll need [to continue] to use SchedulesDirect, mc2xml, WebEPG or some other solution.
They must send it some how otherwise the cable boxes would not be able to display it. They don't follow the DVB standard?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    No.. most use the same method as Verizon FiOS.... the EPG is delivered via the internet/router... not via the cable side of the fiber. Each company is vastly different as well. It makes it difficult. If you have a fiber provider and they INSIST that you use their router, even if it is not first in line or have other devices on it.... they insist that their router be inline somewhere on the network then you are getting EPG data from it.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    Interesting. Wonder why they bothered to reinvent the wheel. The North America satellite providers followed the standard for the most part, made some changes for things like ratings, advisories, and show descriptions, but stayed very close to the standard.

For Time Warner for example, I have their cable modem for RoadRunner, but no router from them. Maybe TW is one that does push the EPG data mixed in with the video and other PIDs.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Time Warner is not fiber optic. I am talking about just fiber. TWC still follows the standard of sending EPG data OTA.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    They must send it some how otherwise the cable boxes would not be able to display it. They don't follow the DVB standard?
    Almost nothing about ATSC/SCTE cable TV (or ATSC over-the-air TV for that matter) is like DVB.
    Different SI table structures.
    Different SI fields.
    Different SI delivery.
    Different channel identifiers.
    Different EPG format.
    Different EPG delivery.
    About the only thing that is similar is the use of MPEG 2 transport stream - that is the common base. Everything else... different.
    North American TV seems very strange from an outsider perspective. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom