Caller ID Modems that work in the UK? (1 Viewer)

AndyWhittaker

Portal Member
September 4, 2004
Macclesfield, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to find a modem that supports Caller ID for the BT UK system so that I can use the YAC plugin.

Does anyone absolutely know of a modem that I can buy today that supports UK CallerID?

For others here are the modems I have tried so far and do NOT work:

Aztech MDP3900V-W(B) [SmartHCF P9573-11] - Internal PCI
Rockwell PCI56RVP
Tornado 563 USB External [Conexant Chipset]
US Robotics 56K Faxmodem 015663-00
Hayes Accura 56K 15400

It might be wise to start a list for modems that do work though, as I suspect there are more modems that don't work than do :?

Thanks, Andy.

AndyWhittaker

Portal Member
September 4, 2004
Macclesfield, UK
Home Country
Updated original "these don't work" post with Hayes Accura 56K 15400

I've got a few more Modems on the way via frantic buying on eBay!

Andy

P

pscrivin

Andy,

Did you get any results with this? I'm new to this whole MP lark and am after a similar thing.. the 'el-cheapo-ebuyer-special' PCI modem (will dig into the case and check the product number for you if you like) I have doesn't seem to work and, to be painfully honest, I don't have a clue about modems since I went NTL 3 years ago... how soon we forget! :)

Grateful for any info...

Paul

PS. Checked out your sig by the way... S4 - :D , unexpected failure of main-holding-everything-together-bit - :cry:.. Do you frequest pistonheads.com at all?

AndyWhittaker

Portal Member
September 4, 2004
Macclesfield, UK
Home Country
Hi Paul,

I've bought a few more Modems from eBay and none of them work with UK CallerID :(

I've noticed at least one project that uses these stand-alone caller id display units and sends the internal protocol to a PIC cpu which is then transmitted to the PC via RS232.

I'll have to get my thinking head on and look at designing something... that's after I put my S4 together... :?

Andy

R

roderickhowie

I bought a Zoom V.92 PCI internal modem which was supposed to be UK caller ID compatible. It wasn't until I made a small amendment to the modem.inf file. Now it work great. It even handles Bulldog's caller ID system which is very different from BTs.

There is a usefull link that explains the process. It will only work if the hardware supports UK CLI. Unfortunately it seems that some modems do but the software side is not handled properly.

http://www.talkingcallerid.com/ModemDriver.htm

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
UK
Any movement on this re UK modems that support BT Caller ID?

I'm wondering if any of these would work:-

£14 = U.S. Robotics 56K PCI FAXMODEM INCL.V90V.92 (USR805671)
£40 = US Robotics USB Internet Telephone Adaptor (USR809620)

The second device allows you to use normal phones over skype as well as doing caller ID on PSTN. If that worked you could use it for caller ID and skype which would be great. It's features would suggest that hardware wise it could be capable of recording phone calls as well, whether software would permit this ? specs are herehttp://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-voip-product.asp?prod=voip-9620&page=specs&loc=unkg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom