Calling all Acer Revo Aspir R3610 Users...

Discussion in 'General Support' started by elsmandino, May 1, 2014.

1. elsmandino

elsmandino Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I have currently got a Acer Revo Aspire R3610 (the full-fat one) with the 500GB Hard Drive and 4GB RAM.
    For the past year or so, I have been using it in my bedroom, running Openelec off a rather slow USB 2.0 stick.
    The experience was rather painful – occasional freezes of well over a minute before everything becomes usable again.
    I am thinking of buying a new client for my bedroom as per the below link, but then that leaves me wondering what I should do with the Revo.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-devices-one-powerful-one-not-so-much.125807/

According to the net, they seem rather sought after still and so I might be able to sell it for enough to get something with a bit more pep.
    However, I was just wondering whether there would be any merit in replacing the Hard Drive with an SSD and putting Windows 7 and Mediaportal on it.
    It would be great to hear from anyone using Mediaportal client on one of these.
    As it is only a kitchen device, it does not have to be fantastic quality (I am connecting it to a 19” TV) but I need to know it is good enough to use as an everyday client.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!