Calling all Acer Revo Aspir R3610 Users... (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have currently got a Acer Revo Aspire R3610 (the full-fat one) with the 500GB Hard Drive and 4GB RAM.
For the past year or so, I have been using it in my bedroom, running Openelec off a rather slow USB 2.0 stick.
The experience was rather painful – occasional freezes of well over a minute before everything becomes usable again.
I am thinking of buying a new client for my bedroom as per the below link, but then that leaves me wondering what I should do with the Revo.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-devices-one-powerful-one-not-so-much.125807/

According to the net, they seem rather sought after still and so I might be able to sell it for enough to get something with a bit more pep.
However, I was just wondering whether there would be any merit in replacing the Hard Drive with an SSD and putting Windows 7 and Mediaportal on it.
It would be great to hear from anyone using Mediaportal client on one of these.
As it is only a kitchen device, it does not have to be fantastic quality (I am connecting it to a 19” TV) but I need to know it is good enough to use as an everyday client.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom