Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

ashtonaut

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
Canman,

If you are having trouble with channel assignments, I suggest you check out this site:

http://www.lincrad.co.nz/transmitters.htm

All you need to do is click on your area, and you get a map of all the transmitters and the actual channels they broadcast your local stations on.

All you then need to do is select the closest transmitter site to you (or the one with the most channels, these are usually more powerful), and directly copy down the channel assignments.

This worked perfectly for me in Christchurch...

Regards,

Ash

heafield

September 28, 2005
Sky Channel changing

Hi, I'm too in Auckland. Have any of you configured MP with the MS MCE remote to change channels successfully on the Motorrola Sky box (standard from Sky). If I use the sky remote it changes. I have the xmltvnz downloading automated and it works a dream...just get those channels to change???

regards Simon.

kthomasen

Portal Member
October 4, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
tuning channels

Hi, im from hamilton and tried using the lincrad site without much success, Im using a TUl theater 550 pro . sof far, i've managed to get tv2,tv3,c4,prime and maori tv, but for the life of me i cant seem to get tv1.
The autotune in mediportal worked without an issue apart from tv1. Anyone else in hammy having similiar issues?

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys, does anyone know where I can pick up a European MCE Remote? All I can find over here is the American one without the 4 coloured buttons ($65).

londonkiwi

Portal Member
    November 29, 2005
    London, England
    I recently tried to buy a MS remote on Ebay here in the UK. I won the auction only to be told by the supplier they had no stock - which impressed me greatly :evil: ! After waiting a while I have tried to find another source but it appears no one is selling this unit any more!

BTW glad to see support for MP in NZ as I'm planning on returning home to Wellington next year. I'm dissappointed that it looks like my DVB-T card will be wasted though... :( Might flog it to my bro in Brisbane :wink:

On second glance at eBay the remote seems to be avaliable again for about the £25 mark ($NZ64).... maybe they'll ship to NZ???

nem2k2

Portal Member
    December 3, 2005
    Hi guys, another NZer here :) Chch, using Winfast 2000XP Deluxe card. Got everything working cept for the radio... I tried some stations like 99.3, 91.3 etc. but I just get static. Is there somewhere I have to configure my card for radio?

heafield

September 28, 2005
    Hi dooda48
    sorry for the lack of response....
    I have saved 'D:\xmltv\xmltvnz.exe tvguide.xml' into a batch file, which I have scheduled to run every couple of days via windows scheduler. In MP I just point the EPG (guide) to this directory and the guide shows up on MP.

I just need to get the remote working now!

regards.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I ended up finding a link to an Australian store when browsing the forums here, they show the European remote on their site so I'm hoping that's what shows up in the box.

Great service, and about $160NZD for both the MCE remote and keyboard to my door. Cheapest bundle I could find over here was $170 and that had the US remote.

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_product_info.php?input[product_code]=VI-MSMCEINPUTCOMBO&input[category_id]=1227

I'm running the Hauppauge 500MCE from the aerial on our roof, unfortunately I'm at the start of Aro Valley which means hills, and lots of them. TV3 is good, TV2 is passable - bit of ghosting but a smooth image - while TV1 is pretty awful and C4 is like watching a flick from the 1920s. To make things even more fun the signal turns completely to custard when it rains (it's Wellington, so...), I'm going to have to look in to that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom