Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (4 Viewers)

philster

Portal Member
March 16, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
So i have fixed the problem. I went into the standard Media portal configuration and changed the Codec under the TV section away from MPV to Nvidia Pure Video and all is good.

This seems to imply that it does not use the movie codec settings, but the same codecs settings you would normally set for the old TV2 engine.

Thanks all for your help.

Philster

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Owen,

...but i was wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar issues with hauppauge in the past.

To paraphrase an old idiom: 'Only three things are certainties in life; death, taxes & Hauppauge's after-sales support.' :mad:

If you want anything Hauppauge try here:

http://www.shspvr.com/smf/

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Avermedia A700

Ok, so first of all Hi everyone. I went and bought an Avermedia a700 card before i read this, as I was using vista MCE and not MP, but after i lost my mind trying to get the sat card workin in MCE i went back to MP after a few months hiatus and find it quite satisfying.

Anyway. Ive put my dish up and as far as I can tell its pointing at the right bird. Based on sat finder shrieking at me and it pointing in much the same place as the neighbours.

The avertv software doesnt have any of the optus sats listed. MP config doesnt have it listed. Clicking on add says their are no other cards. I also ave a PVR150.

So question is why cant MP see my a700. Running 0.2.3 rc1. Tried TV3 but damn if that wasnt a headache.

Drivers are installed. Devicemanager sees the card. But not MP

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    I really need some help here!!
    Just trying to setup Freeview using Sky2 card and single LNB 10750.
    What are the settings I need in the Channel Scan window?
    I can not get it to work. Yes the Server4PC software is working and detects good signal.

I'm lost

AScott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi There,

I've just installed MP and from what I've seen of it's features, I like the look of it. However, I haven't managed to get the TV Tuner working with my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR500 using the Composite Input from my Sky Decoder.

Hoping to get that sorted and then hopefully I will finally be able to burn TV programs to DVD, which MCE is crap at.

Plan to experiment this weekend to learn more, but any help appreciated.

Also I use xmlTVNZ and BPro 3.5 for my EPG.

Cheers,

Aaron Scott

philster

Portal Member
    March 16, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I really need some help here!!
    Just trying to setup Freeview using Sky2 card and single LNB 10750.
    What are the settings I need in the Channel Scan window?
    I can not get it to work. Yes the Server4PC software is working and detects good signal.

I'm lost

Are you using TV3 Server or the built in TV Engine?

zxcvbnm2

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2006
    New Zealand/Whangarei
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here's my channel List.xml, has all the free sat channels and Whangarei UHF Prime.

What sort of LNB are you using, the old Sky 11300, or new twin throat Sharp brand 10750.

I couldn't get the new lnb to work with tv server, so I replaced it with the default one MP uses.

Use the import thing in the tv channels setup to import my channelist.xml and use the new drivers for Skystar2 that work with out [server for PC]

yesdup

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Missing channels and need help with install.

TV-Server Version: TVEngine3 Snapshot: 07-13-2007 15-43h Revision 15172
    MediaPortal Version: 2.20
    Windows Version: xp home
    CPU Type: amd semperon 3000
    HDD: segate 250gb
    Memory: 1gb
    Motherboard: asus m2a-vm hdmi
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: ati
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova s-plus
    1. TV Card Type: DVBS
    Power Supply: 300w
    Remote: Huappage
    TV: Sanyo standard CRT type widescreen
    TV - HTPC Connection: composite

Hi All,

I need help setting up.

I'm on my sixth fresh install

i want to be able to watch and record two channels using one card, this is not a nework streaming box! i just want to get Freeview NZ and have PVR facilities.

I've watched the server install videos and installed MySQL

All Good

I installed the server "TVEngine3 Snapshot: 07-13-2007 15-43h Revision 15172"

Installed fine and found 3 TV channels and 2 radio using Optus B1, D1. But overode the setting to scan 12458000 -12483000. I can preview these channels and will get the EPG from the signal. Not connecting to inernet.

then installed Media Portal 2.20

This installs fine

Then installed latest SNV (as per video instruction)

This install Ok until at the end a check box is ticked (by default) saying it will now run re-configure. This part fails saying that "BN??? couldn't start and configure needs to run from within Media Portal folder" or something similar

If i then go on to install the TV engine client plugin.

this will install fine but if i can't run media portal at all. Same error about configure then closes

If i DON'T install the SNV I can go on to install the client plugin fine and Media portal will run but complains that certain plugins are not available for this version i.e. home plugin, radio plugin, and some others. but Media Portal will start but i can't get it to pick up the channels from the server and i can't watch TV

SO. What did i do wrong??

Is there another way to achieve what i need?

There should be more channels for FREEVIEW NZ how do i get them.??

I have a clean fully updated xphome partition image copied which i am having to re-use each time.

Help me please, Going MAD , Kids hate me, Wife wants a refund.

thanks in advance for any help.
    yesdup is online now Report Post Thanks Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
    yesdup
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to yesdup
    Find More Posts by yesdup
    Add yesdup to Your Buddy List
    My System Information

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom