Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (7 Viewers)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Choice bro :D

Studying design in Wellington by the way, home home is in Napier. Just wanted to make clear I wasn't an Orklander :p

reven

Portal Member
    July 12, 2005
    Re: another jafa for the group

vbgeezer said:
    I use XMLTVNZ also and it is fairly reliable. I keep asking the author for the code but no joy. Sometimes when it stops working I get the urge to write my own then I think about how much work that really is and decide that if I wanted to cod ein the evening I wouldn't need MP anyway ;)
    and its never going to be opensource :)

i use it myself every day so usually if there are any bugs i fix it quickly enough. i find if you run it 3 times a day, its bound to be 100%, and the 2nd two times should only take about 10seconds. sky is the annoying one, its just so slow, so much info to go through.

oh and i use gbpvr (mediaportal is on my htpc aswell thou).

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Re: another jafa for the group

vbgeezer said:
    I have been using MP for a few months now and most of the time I love it. Other times I cry into my beer. I use XMLTVNZ also and it is fairly reliable. I keep asking the author for the code but no joy. Sometimes when it stops working I get the urge to write my own then I think about how much work that really is and decide that if I wanted to cod ein the evening I wouldn't need MP anyway ;)

Hi to all :)

Hi Vbgeezer,

I'm currently working on a open source replacement to XMLTV (in C#). I haven't had a look at the what source you use in NZ. However, a lot of countries already work. So it most likely requires just a configuration file to be developed. If you've interested in helping out, PM me. The software is still in Alpha stage, but will be release in an open Beta very soon.

Cheers,

/James

J

jefferyg_nz

Add myself to the list, still tossing up between MP & GBPVr (sorry). But at the moment MP is looking best with the DVB plugins and remote support.

Auckland Based. Currently old P3 with twinham satellite and Leadteck Analog card still trying to sort out the frequencies with the last one for manual scan.

jjnz1

Portal Member
    May 31, 2005
    NZ satellite DVB-s

I am from welly! :)

Looking at buying a $450 satellite card from twinham? and a CI adapter so i can put my Sky Digital card in. has anyone done this before? is it possible to view all (60+) channels (for which i am entitiled?)
    Also, i have seen on some posts that there is another application which currently used skins from mp maybe? that can download the whole satellite signal so i can record lots of channels with only one sat card. is it possible with mp maybe?

Dedicated Althon 2100xp,winxp, 512mb, 300gb, 150mce, radeon 9200se, uhf channel interface.

L

luckydip

hi guys
    i am very new to MP as well as htpc. I am think about making my current pc to record tv from a sky digital decoder.
    What Capture cards do you guys recommend for doing this??
    (I do not record from the arial, just from the sky decoder)

also i have heard that sky is going HD at the end of this year. Anyone else heard this story??
    If this is true, do i need to change my capture card for better quality??

thanks for your help guys

zxcvbnm

July 11, 2005
    New Zealand/Northland
    andydixon said:
    zxcvbnm: Where in Aus did you get the MCE remote and how much did it cost?

I ended getting one from Computerlounge after problems with the place in AU.
    Seems to be a 2005 Euro MCE copy with 3 extra buttons, it's not backlit and the TV/VOL buttons can't be programed. The quality is same as a average TV remote.

TVKiwi

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    luckydip

I do know that sky is planning changes but I understood they were introducing new decoders with the ability to record inbuilt. Have not heard anything about HD.

I am using a Hauppage PVR to record off sky. You can get various models in NZ but I would suggest PVR150 - particularly if only recording off sky as you can only record one channel at a time. If sky does go HD then you will need an HD TV to get any benefit as well as a HD capture card.

What I have done is purchased an MCE2005 remote which comes with an infrared blaster and you can train the remote control codes within MP to change the channel on sky when it is time to record. IE If you wish to record a movie on skymovies1 MP will make suer the decoder is on channel 20 so you record the right program.

L

luckydip

thanks for your help Tvkiwi
    i was planning to get a leadtek WinFast PVR2000. Is it any good? or do you recommend the hauppaugePVR150 seeing that they cost about the same?

L

luckydip

Also does it make a difference whether i get a Pal or NTSC tv card since i m only going to record from the sky decoder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom